Chapter 133 - Gifts

A/N: This is the end of the flashback series before we go back to the current timeline of Silas in the other world! :)

---

"Border patrols have recently reported about the presence of humans near the foot of the first mountain, Your Majesty. Other than that, there have been no imminent threats," Michael reported as they walked through the gloomy halls of the palace. Since Chray had other matters to tend to, Michael, who was the Vampire King's right hand and second captain of the war forces was tasked to lead the border patrol.

Ciaran nodded his head in recognition of the information he got.

"And Lily had requested to relay the information about the construction of the ships on the western border facing the ocean," Michael added as he flipped the page he was currently reading onto a new one where the report Lily wanted the king to have was plastered.

"According to her, four new ships have been added. Three were meant for transportation while the other one was meant as a battleship that the warriors could use in times of war-" Michael looked up from reading the report but paused when he saw Ciaran.

They stopped at a window that overlooked the front area of the palace. The right-hand man looked at the scene Ciaran was looking at.

The white-haired king was there together with his own right-hand man, Gideon Woodlock, also known as the Dragon Tamer and Swordmaster of the kingdom. The latter held a metal sword while Silas held his own frost sword.

"Ah, right. Today is the day His Majesty starts training the sword with His Grace," Michael commented as heavy breaths lingered on the field. Ciaran nodded his head and smiled as his eyes continued observing his beloved.

"Would there be a time where it would be you who's going to teach His Majesty something, My King?" But instead of giving an answer that might give a hint of possibility in the future, Ciaran shook his head. "The sword is the only weapon he lacks complete power of."

He fully turned his body on the window. "And I may know a few tricks but it is the knight who's an expert in the field." That made sense for Michael.

Ciaran's power exceeds the mind's comprehension but that does not mean he was the best in every field. "Besides, if there's anything I can teach him, he's got it figured out already."

Reaching his hand out, Ciaran touched the glass that separated him and Silas and traced his finger on the surface as if he were caressing the man's flawless face.

Michael was silent as he observed the Vampire King and the Sovereign of Magic back and forth. It's hard to believe that these men had paved the way to where they are right now. Who knew that the once thousand vampires living on the second mountain in a small, cramped area, now have control over the entire Mir Mountains as their kingdom? It was a dream becoming reality and they could never choose better leaders than Ciaran and Silas.

The two sovereigns gave them everything they had right now. Everyone was grateful for Ciaran and Silas, that was for sure. More than what one could think.

They are worshipped as gods in Mir and one wouldn't hesitate to throw their lives away in place for either of the king's safety.

Michael was pulled out of his thoughts when he saw Silas' eyes turn in their direction and he instinctively lowered his head when his own met with the young king's. He only lifted it when he didn't feel the familiar flow of magic directed at him anymore.

He then saw that Silas was now looking at Ciaran and the man even winked playfully. This caused the latter's eyes to widen and he covered his face with his hands before turning his head for a short moment and looking at Michael.