Chapter 6 - The Day

"The king says he wants to meet your children, Leandro." Headmaster Spencer brought the meat onto his mouth and pleasantly chewed on it.

"The king?" Leandro asked.

Nodding his head, Spencer turned to look at the two children that were sitting side by side.

Pier and Silas were wearing cream-colored baby clothes that made them look like absolute angels. The former was happily messing with the food on his small plate while Silas was just staring outside and looking at the sunlight-filled garden.

"Silas likes the garden very much," the headmaster commented and Celeste chuckled before nodding her head.

At first, they thought the white-haired child had some sort of difference with the way he was totally quiet most of the time and would love to stare at the garden. However, it all changed once they brought Silas in the place itself.

He started being livelier. As if it was the place he loved the most and wanted to be at all times.

"We should let Silas see the garden at the palace. He would love it there." Leandro poked a small amount of food from his plate and offered it to Pier who gladly opened his mouth to accept.

"Pier would want to see some of the beautiful sights at the capital too. So, I think it would be best if you both take them to the palace as the king had requested," Spencer added and the couple looked at each other before nodding their heads.

"I think the king had been wanting to see Leandro's children since he wasn't able to attend the gathering the previous week." Leandro hummed as he thought about it.

The king had been very ill lately. Despite only being in the same age as Headmaster Spencer, the man was showing signs of paleness and extreme fatigue for the past months.

Of course, he had a great relationship with the royal. After all, he needs to be in support with Henry too since he will soon become the headmaster once his father retires and passes the position onto him.

But there was one thing that bothered him with the idea of visiting the palace at this moment.

"Wouldn't Princess Dianne be there?" He asked his father and Spencer nodded his head.

"The princess always stays at the palace, Leandro. Where do you think she would be?" The headmaster asked quite sarcastically and Leandro sweatdropped.

"You know what she did during the gathering, father." He still remembered how disrespectful Dianne had been when she spoke with Celeste.

"And you know what Celeste did. It was a good thing the princess was put in place." Spencer scoffed. He, in fact, did not favor Dianne in any way even for Leandro.

Out of all the women he had been attempting to wed with Leandro, Dianne was the farthest option he would choose from.

The woman was a spoiled brat who came from a noble family from the north and was acting she was at the highest the moment she sat on the seat of becoming the next queen.

Dianne and the late queen resembled each other to the point that the latter had chosen Dianne to replace her.

It was another reason why Spencer understood the sentiments of the other factions.

The Queen was an unjust ruler that did not spare any of the citizens glances when they were in need. Only the king seems to have compassion for his people.

"I can handle her, Leandro. It would be better if I can make a connection with the king as well," Celeste informed the young master wherein Leandro could only agree out of his respect for Celeste.