Chapter 75 - Lake

A black magic circle manifested in thin air and from the center came a black smoke that started out thin. As seconds passed by, the black smoke became thicker and thicker until it was enough for two individuals to transport.

Silas and Ciaran appeared and the black smoke that surrounded their bodies dissipated into a beautiful trail of black sparks.

"I'm tired," Silas nudged as he leaned his head on Ciaran's shoulder in which the man gladly cradled his lover's fatigued frame. "Let's head home and rest."

Silas could only nod his head.

All the things that he did for the past weeks were starting to simultaneously take a toll on his body. He really couldn't sleep that much either knowing that he was the one who's about to end his brother's existence in this world. It haunted him like a ghost.

He was guilty and he felt bad for having the need to do such thing to Pier but he really couldn't just let it happen either. If the laws of nature and the world did not apply to Pier, he would gladly let the young master live feeding off of his magic even for eternity. However, that wasn't the case.

Pier couldn't alter things as he pleased. If he did, there were consequences bound to happen and that includes his existence being erased from any possible worlds forever.

That's why he initiated the first move in protecting his brother's existence.

Rather than living the fantasy he always dreamt of for a short time but in the expense of his identity, Silas would rather have Pier completely depart from this world but be reborn somewhere else. He didn't know where, he had no clue but he made sure Pier is well compensated.

That's what he learned from his mother. He can send others somewhere else after they died.

One great example of was the Sovereign of Darkness, Achlysse.

With the use of his greatest spells as the Sovereign of Multitudes, Silas can somehow cross the limits of the world unlike everyone else.

It was a privilege that he could use for the betterment of those around him. Right now, there were only a few beads of reincarnation left because he gave two this time.

Two.

'I have to talk with him,' he made a mental note.

Before leaving things behind, he needs to make sure Asher would be able to survive what would come before him considering the prince also sacrificed something.

'Stupid people doing stupid things. Now I have to watch over them,' Silas couldn't help but roll his eyes at the thought.

Dismissing anything else, he just leaned on Ciaran's shoulder but that's when he noticed that he was practically being carried like a bride by his lover as they flew in the air.

"Why, thank you for carrying me, sir."

Ciaran took a peek at him and smiled when he saw Silas' expression. "Glad to be at your service, your majesty."

"I really want to sleep when we go back."

"All right, let's sleep."

"I also want to have a full breakfast after sleeping."

"Sure, let's do that."

"We also need to play with Raegan a lot."

"Mhm. Raegan has been missing you for the past days."

"I miss my little baby!" Silas wailed like a child as he swung his feet back and forth in display of his frustration for not being able to see his baby dragon prince.