Chapter 85 - Center Point

"Have I ever told you that you're very beautiful?" Ciaran asked as he leaned on the doorframe with his arms crossed. Silas, who was standing in front of the mirror, smiled when he heard the words from his lover.

"You tell me that every day"

"Glad to hear that."

The vampire king then walked to the young man and embraced him in his arms. There was nothing better than feeling the warmth emanating from their bodies as if it was combining into a comfortable flame that ignited their silent passion of ardent emotions.

Once more, Silas looked at his appearance.

An ethereal beauty that surpassed mankind's greatest perception. That's what people always spoke of about his appearance. Even when he was living as Pier, people always told him that he had such a breathtaking face.

Truthfully, he used to be a little conscious of how he looked back then. It was because he thought that it wasn't his face but someone else's. It was the face of the young master who passed away in his bed alone. However, a with the twists and turns of events, Silas knew that the face he had been keeping all along was his in the end. That diminished any of the minor insecurities that he had.

It was his all along.

"What are you thinking?" Ciaran inquired while nudging his nose on Silas' soft silk-like strands of hair. The gentle smell of beautiful winter flowers entering his nose and making him feel like he was in euphoria.

"How good you look," Silas smirked when Ciaran obviously flinched and his face slightly reddened. The latter shook his head before chuckling and going back into his business of inhaling his lover's gentle scent.

"You know I get flustered with your words easily, my love."

"I was just stating the obvious."

"Am I really handsome?"

The two men looked in the mirror.

Ciaran's vibrant green eyes were looking directly at Silas' striking gold and cerulean gems.

"You are. I wouldn't have loved you if you weren't handsome," the white-haired king humored and it seems to have worked as Ciaran sported a handsome smile of his own.

"Well, if that seems to be the case then, yes, I believe I am handsome."

Ciaran, too, had his fair share of insecurities when he was chasing after Silas. There were countless humans who were also aiming to achieve the young king's love and to say that a good portion of them did have decent looks.

For a short moment, he was insecure of not just his looks but also his background as a fallen prince who had no formal education.

But alas, love proved that it wasn't all about just looks and background... or was it? After all, Silas did have an eye for beautiful things and seeing that the man chose Ciaran, the latter could conclude that he was handsome, right?

That made Ciaran chuckle internally.

Really, their lives are near perfect now and there was nothing he could wish for.

"My love?" Ciaran whispered.

"Mhm?"

"Is there something else you want?"

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing in particular. I was just asking if there is more that you want in this world."

Ciaran wanted to fulfil every want and need of the white-haired king. That was his promise before when they were still living on the second mountain.

As someone who had nothing, he saw the difference of status between him and Silas that time. It was like standing on the edge of two different worlds. However, instead of cowering from the difference, Ciaran used it as a motivation to strive harder to be successful in the future.