Chapter 78 - Light

Combing through the silk-like strands of snow hair, Ciaran observed his lover's face.

Silas was sleeping soundly as he laid on one of Ciaran's arms. His deep yet shallow breaths resonated with the heartbeat that was beating in a steady pace.

He liked this; He didn't want this to end.

Ciaran wished the world would just stop turning right now and they'd always be in this position where their problems are close to non-existent and they are together. He wanted the world to let them stay in this euphoria.

However, there were some things that still needs to be done. The indirect problems Silas doesn't really have to involve himself first just kept on coming and it was making Ciaran impatient on the side either.

It was no doubt that he would willingly wait even for centuries if it meant he could have the ending that he desired with this man in his arms but his patience was running out.

"All these humans are testing me, my love," he whispered as his lips gently kissed Silas' forehead.

Why can't they just leave Silas be and let him live a peaceful life? Why can't they just allow them to be happy? Why do they have to involve his lover in any way possible?

He understood that Silas' intervention with his brother and the red-haired prince's affair was necessary and he acknowledged that as well. But...

Ciaran sighed as he, too, closed his eyes and thought about what to do next.

"Can't I just destroy the enemy empire right now?" He asked particularly to no one.

If he wanted, he could. He knew the power he possessed right now would be enough to take down an empire even if it was only him doing the battle.

Ciaran's hands were itching on doing that but his lover knew otherwise.

Silas knew when to act rash and to act as a mastermind. His methods are equipped with thinking and allowing things to move slowly might be one of the ploys he is planning behind all of it.

"I understand. If I suddenly destroy the enemy empire, that would mean I would also have to destroy the other empire." He hummed as he embraced Silas tighter in which the man responded with a soft groan.

If Cresencia were to disappear right now, the Belmaid Empire would see them as a threat as well and would find them as a hostile entity. Silas' plan was to establish a relationship with Belmaid first so the moment they eliminate Cresencia out of the picture, they'd still have the last empire remaining.

They couldn't rule the continent directly. It would be too much work.

Silas and Fenrir needed their own marionettes to do their jobs and one of such marionettes would be Belmaid.

Just as how they are the kings of the king of Heron, they have to do the same thing.

By that way, everything would go as they wished. They'd have control over anything and nothing else would bother them.

"I just want to have my first child with you, my love," he chuckled before letting himself rest and drift off to sleep.

He's ready to meet her.

---

Ciaran opened his eyes and he looked around. There were mountains upon mountains in the distant horizon. An unending greenery greeted his eyes and the signs of life thrived all around the place.

It wasn't a dream.

He knew it at first glance considering he couldn't see Silas anywhere and he could use his magic-