Chapter 74 - Dreams and Reality (2)

"You better stop squirming or else I'll-"

"Or else what?"

"I'm going to suck the fucking life out of you."

"..."

The steps of a man crunched the incinerated leaves on the ground. He sighed when he felt the other person squirm again in an attempt to free himself from the binds he was currently held in. "Stop being persistent."

"No!"

The Silas of the dreams squirmed again as if he was in a tight place and was fighting for his life to get out. Well, he was literally doing that considering he was captured by the man who looks exactly like him.

A much more powerful version of him.

At first, he didn't really care if someone intruded in their territory who happened to have identical features with him because he couldn't sense the other person's power. Silas of the dreams was conditioned into thinking that when he cannot feel the magic power of the enemy, that meant it was lower than his.

That's where he got it all wrong.

His assumptions were thrown out the window when the opponent was able to cast five magic spells at once. It was something he had never seen before in his entire life. One had to focus in order to channel one spell at a time and he was no different as he was bound by the laws of the world.

But...

He glanced at the man who captured him. The latter looked annoyed yet unbothered at the same time.

How?

That was the question in his mind right now. How can someone cast five spells at once? Silas of the dreams would've considered it if the spells were of the same attribute.

But five different spells with five different attributes?

Who on earth could even do such thing? Heck, even the greatest magic users in history could not do that!

"What're you looking at? Surprised that for the first time you couldn't beat someone?" The man asked in a taunting manner in which Silas of the dreams responded with a glare.

The battle wasn't long. Silas of the dreams might be extremely powerful in human standards but Silas from the real world was far greater than the former that it's as if they were standing between heaven and earth in terms of magic capabilities.

A prodigy who is an expert in using magic at the age of seven couldn't really compare to another prodigy who is the sovereign of five attributes.

"How did you do it?"

Silas looked at the Silas of the dreams with an eyebrow raise.

"The five spells at once."

"Secret."

"What?!" Veins appeared on the other Silas' forehead as he wasn't able to acquire the answer that he desired from the man who captured him.

"Why would I tell you when we're not even friends."

"..." He could only groan in distaste because it felt like he was fighting with his own self.

Well, he was... literally.

"But you are me and I am you."

"No."

This time, the Silas of the dreams gave Silas a questioning look.

"We might have things in common but we were never the same person. Just because we look the same does it mean our beings are one as well."

Silas rolled his eyes at the man who was floating in the air bound by the ice shackles that he created personally. He can't have someone as dangerous as the Silas of the dreams acting out again because it would be a hassle if they'd cause further commotion.