Chapter 37 - Sixth Spell

A/N: Music for this chapter is Eternal Eclipse - Timeless Tale. I recommend you listen to it on repeat while reading for a better experience.

---

"Revelation of the seventh spell: Sword of the Apocalypse." The voice spoke and Achlysse instantly covered his eyes when a single strand of light flashed through the darkness.

Thousands upon thousands of hands that sprouted from the darkness covered the Sovereign of Darkness as something he had slightly expected soon followed.

It was so fast that he wasn't able to follow the flicker of light.

Zap!

The single beam of light passed through the hands covering Achlysse and he immediately felt the pain coursing through his body.

Kurkh! He grits his teeth as blood poured from his sliced abdomen and the hands covering him dissipated like they were poured with acid.

'Pain...' He thought as the foreign yet familiar feeling made his chest ache.

He had never felt this in such a long time and it made him gasp at how it reminded him of so many things.

"Have you gone weak, Achlysse?" A godly voice asked him through the darkness which covered the world.

Achlysse paused for a moment as he contemplated the words spoken by the godly voice.

Yes, godly.

Pier's voice that sounded so little like a spec of dust inside the realm of the underworld now echoed similar to that of a god's voice.

It was mighty, it was divine.

"You are right, change is the only unchangeable thing in this world and you are no exception." Another beam of light flashed through the darkness and this time, Achlysse's body disappeared from his spot and reappeared somewhere the beam had already passed through.

"You are strong, comparable to that of a god. The first sovereign of the world to exist and the ruler of darkness even before the world started."

Flash!

It's as if he was holding the ultimate weapon that could slice even darkness itself. The Sovereign of Magic slashed his sword which emitted a beam of white light.

"Enough, Sovereign of Magic!" Achlysse glared at one specific spot where he clearly knew the young king was standing.

He huffed as his sliced abdomen started to heal and fizz like the blood was boiling away.

"You are in no position to destroy the underworld!" He raged and the darkness screamed once more. The blood-colored rivers changed into different shades of red as if it was moaning in pain.

Howls of all the creatures living in the underworld collectively become one large voice that grumbled in distaste of what the Sovereign of Magic was doing.

Without a warning, Achlysse charged towards the spot where he knew Pier stood and as he did so, darkness started to accumulate in his hand.

The small amount of concentration increased so much in just a few seconds that now, a sword that was completely black appeared.

"Enough!" He yelled and slashed his sword.

Flash!

"... kurkh..."

He wasn't able to see it. It was even faster than the beam of light that caused catastrophe earlier.

His hand that held the sword of darkness fell on the bottomless pit as it was sliced off.