Chapter 91 - Bias of Morality

"Nervous?" Faust looked on his side and saw a man who, just like him, had golden hair but was on the longer side. His face relaxed and he went back into staring at the gate where the esteemed guest was expected to arrive. "No."

"You look like you were... a few seconds ago."

"Stop bothering me, Finley."

The man made a face as if he was disgusted with the name in which he sighed afterwards and leaned on Faust using his right arm. "I told you not to call me that. No one calls me that."

Faust was silent and did not bother paying attention to his older brother.

"Call me Louis! Lou-is!" The man emphasized but got no reaction from Faust. He chuckled before pushing his hair back behind his ear and staring at the gate as well.

"You're always so serious now, Faust."

"I need to be."

"You were never this serious when you went to Taron's Royal Banquet two years ago though?"

Faust wasn't able to formulate a response to the statement because it was true. Though he did his responsibilities as a prince of the kingdom, he was never that serious with the tasks he had to do... until he went to the Royal Banquet of Taron.

As much as Faust wanted to explain himself, he really did not find the reason to do so – especially to his older brother whom he knew wasn't the best person out there in the entire world.

Should he say he changed because of someone out there? Yeah, right. Finley probably knew that already. The eyes and ears of their family can reach the deepest ends of the world and knowing that Faust was linked to the young master two years ago wasn't considered a big news already.

However, there was another reason why Faust really changed himself though it is still connected to the person linked in question.

He had to or else he would be left behind.

Faust saw how great someone can become in the shortest of time. He saw how that person was able to climb the ladder of power within such little period and it made him fear that the world was also going to change because of that. In his entire life, he never feared something more than anything.

Power is a double-edged sword that cuts through imagination and destroys reality.

He never upheld such meaning to the word not until he saw how different power could be wielded.

It's dangerous yet saving.

Depending on the receiving end of its effect, power could be classified as either of both.

Power is given to someone who wields something that makes them worthy to be called 'powerful'. One great example would be the two kings from the hidden kingdom in the Mir Mountains.

Despite his brother's ramblings, Faust's mind drifted to the event that occurred in the throne room. There wasn't much he could remember but those that he could were clear as daylight.

Blood was everywhere as people killed people.

The clash of power that happened inside the throne room was unforgettable. It made him shiver. One who thinks they hold power was subject to destruction by those that held greater power.

'It's a hierarchy,' Faust thought mindlessly.

There is an invisible hierarchy of power that exists in this world and those that stand at a certain level can only look down to those that are on the lower steps but could never look at the higher elevations. Once they act out and use their power, those that are above them watch their every movement silently until they decide it is the time to intervene and make an appearance.