Chapter 73 - Dreams and Reality

"Father? Where's dad?" Raegan asked as they were both sitting on the window frame of the palace and looking at the setting sun on the horizon of the Mir Mountains. Ciaran swept his hair through Raegan's hair to fix the unruliness it got after a few strong winds blew past them earlier.

"He's still doing things outside. Dad will be back tomorrow," he responded and Raegan did not respond anymore. He knew Raegan missed his dad so much because Silas had been staying at the Taron Kingdom for a week now. Though he planned that they should have that family bonding somewhere on a vacation after his trip to Taron so Raegan can spend time with Silas once more.

Ciaran wasn't particularly worried about Silas because it wasn't a secret that the man can protect himself even if the entire world comes at him. He also knew that what the young king was doing right now was extremely important considering it involved his brother who refused to pass to the afterlife and secretly stay in the land of dreams.

He scoffed at the thought.

Ciaran never imagined someone would be that hard-headed that even death cannot stop them from finding ways to still communicate with their loved ones. Though he can somehow relate with Pier because he knew what it felt like to be truly devoted to one person alone.

Pier cannot accept the fact that he passed away without actually making any of his aspirations in life come true. When the point came that he died, that's when Asher started to slowly realize his feelings for the young master. It must've probed the last fragment living in Silas' soul at that time to persist against the natural flow of nature about the human's soul and continue reaching out for Asher in any possible way he could.

Even if it meant his existence would be completely erased in the end, Pier risked it all just to experience the love that he never had when he was still alive.

Ciaran pitied the young master but he was also grateful to Pier.

It might sound selfish but if the course of such events did not take place, he probably wouldn't have met Silas either. He would be stuck in the never-ending cycle of living life in the corner of the Mir Mountains dangerously.

"I want to eat meat with dad when he comes back..." Raegan murmured quietly but Ciaran was able to hear it perfectly. He nodded his head and reassured his son that what he wished for would happen. "Of course. I'll tell your dad."

It was peaceful. Their kingdom had always been peaceful and Ciaran liked that fact. Of course, it was all attributed to Silas who paved the way for the kingdom to even be constructed in the first place.

However, despite the peacefulness and serenity, he also longed for his beloved just like his son.

Ciaran was used to spending every day with the young king and not seeing and being able to be with him for a week was tiring enough that he would rather stay awake for months than be away from Silas.

Whether it might be because of the bond between them as fated pairs or just his personal afflictions, Ciaran wished he could hold and embrace Silas in his arms right now and they could just spend time together.

He liked the idea of it all.

Building a family, ruling a kingdom, and exploring the world, any activity would be fun as long as it is with Silas.

A few minutes had passed and the two just continued to overlook the setting sun. Ciaran watched as the rays of the magnificent star started to slowly disappear behind the mountains. He was waiting for that signal.

Thump.

He looked at Raegan and saw that the child had also fallen asleep. Raegan looked peaceful which made Ciaran happy.