Chapter 125 - Duel

The Apparition of Death screamed and the surrounding buildings shook to their foundation. The giant skeleton monster that resembled the Grim Reaper swung its scythe and, in an instant, the shaking buildings were sliced like tomatoes.

However, the enemy of the apparition wasn't even fazed. He stood there, unbothered by the powerful and deadly swings that could kill a person even if they weren't directly hit by the scythe. Matt stepped forward as he was reaching his hand out to continuously channel the enormous transparent blue shield in front of him which blocked every attack made by the Apparition of Death.

Swing! Swing!

The 96th Challenge repeated over and over again but to no avail, the S-Class Shield Hunter was now not fazed by the attacks.

As a matter of fact, he was starting to overflow with confidence.

The single ray of sunlight that pierced through the blood-painted sky poured down on him like an endless shower that regenerated his entire body into complete perfection every time it took damage.

'So, this is the power of a Legendary Class...' Matt shivered as he recalled the angelic appearance of the man with white hair who cannot be seen now.

He had seen the prowess of multiple S-Classes in his lifetime including those from other districts and even one that exceeded a single S-Class and had triple of the power which was District Twelve's Lysander Perez and they were all powerful.

Each S-Class had at least killed a boss monster by themselves or lead the charge of a powerful one along with other high-ranked members.

However, not once in his life did he ever see how a class that surpassed Lysander Perez works – not until now.

And in his mind, he was constantly cursing with how a Legendary Class's power exceeds that of Lysander's by a hundred folds.

Not even the man with a reputation of killing anyone who comes into his district could par with the Apparition of Death's regeneration but one spell from the Legendary Class and Matt was able to move.

Like he could fight for days.

Like he could fight for weeks.

Days...

Months...

Years...

Even centuries without end.

The feeling of being granted by the Sun's power combined with powerful healing magic was so immense he felt like he was getting drunk from the euphoria of extreme magic.

---

Lysander silently watched from a distance as Matt was holding off the Apparition of Death with his shield.

At first, he was worried that the man might have been killed by the monster already so he instantly went to assist him but the moment he arrived at the exact spot they left him, he was surprised to see Matt still standing without any scratches or damage in his body.

No, not just that, he could also feel how strong Matt was.

He knew Matt was one of the toughest hunters to break down in the entire country with his blessed skills but right now, it was more so than he could ever imagine.

Naturally, Matt would've been struggling and shaking in pain as he tanked the blows and attacks of the Apparition of Death but now?

"He's just standing there as if it's nothing?" He asked himself while he stood on the rooftop of a building.

Matt was taking all the attacks like he was just standing in a windy peak.

"This must be Silas' work..." he murmured as he looked at the ray of light shining down on the Shield Hunter like it was some sort of spotlight and Matt was the main character of an opera show.