Chapter 76 - Lake (2)

"Open your mouth," Ciaran whispered as he looked at Silas with eyes full of want and desire. The waters were cold but it didn't do much to have any effect on the burning ardent passion they both held.

"Fenrir..." Silas whispered when the vampire started to kiss his neck.

"I missed this. I missed you." Ciaran licked the wet skin on the latter's neck and sucked on that part leaving a red mark that he knew would last for days.

"W-Wait," Silas tried to push off the eager man that was holding him tightly in which Fenrir responded with a grunt and instead pulled him closer if that was even possible considering that their bodies were already skin to skin.

The young king was hesitant about doing it outside but looking at Fenrir's grumpy face...

'Heh,' he chuckled which turned into a light laughter.

"What's so funny?" Ciaran asked.

"Nothing. It's just that seeing you want me that bad is funny."

"Why is it funny?"

"Just because."

"Oh... Okay..." Fenrir contemplated for a second before he slowly touched his head on Silas' chest and listened to the man's heartbeat.

"It's fast."

"What is?"

"Your heartbeat."

"Well, that's a given considering the man I love is holding me like he won't be letting go of me anytime soon."

Ciaran then huffed before closing his eyes.

God, how far have they come?

Their lives weren't flowers and sunlight all the time. They, too, experienced thorns and storms. However, along the way, they still found the right path in each other's arms. Their intertwined fates somehow brought them back together no matter what the circumstances are.

"Fenrir?"

"Yes?"

"... Nothing..." Silas brushed his fingers through the other man's midnight hair. He kind of missed Ciaran's brown ones though because it was attractive to look at but he wasn't complaining because his lover became ten times hotter with the black hair.

"Go on, say it. You're making me curious," Ciaran urged as he started walking to shore while still embracing Silas.

"I just find you very attractive. That's all."

"Okay."

"Hehe."

They were happy. Both weren't a fan of too many words, especially Fenrir who likes to keep himself most of the time if Silas wasn't in the area or if he was away from Raegan. Though there were times he always loved talking with Silas, tonight wasn't one of those times.

He simply wanted to indulge in the presence of his beloved.

It was calming; it was soothing. Like a flow of the stream that caressed his burdened body, all of his worries were being washed away.

Ciaran couldn't imagine life without this man in his arms. He did not know what to do if one day he woke up and found out that all of this was a dream.

Just like what he told the Ciaran of the dreams, at first, he wanted everything to be a dream. When he was still the prince of the vampires who took shelter in the corner of the second mountain, he always wished that everything was just a fleeting dream and he would soon wake up to the reality that he wasn't actually fighting for his life daily.