Chapter 7 - Slaves

"Are you ready?" Leandro asked as he placed his arm around Celeste's waist and the latter nodded her head.

"Yes." She responded quietly and Leandro instantly noticed her hesitations. However, he thought she was just nervous in meeting the Royals of Taron.

"We will be fine, Celeste," he assured her and Celeste only nodded her head again.

She wasn't sure that everything would be fine. Her premonition was too strong about something happening.

It felt like something was creeping up inside her chest and gnawing at her heart. The heavy burden of something weighing down on her did not disappear for the past days in which she hated very much.

As if time was ticking on her and wanting her to do something.

Yet it was vague. Celeste did not have any idea what she would do. Should she just run away? Should she just turn her back from the kingdom and never show again?

But she, especially Leandro worked extremely hard for this. Even revealing the fact that Celeste was the Sovereign of Snow was already a very big gamble for them because anyone and everyone could easily spread it out.

It was too late to go back at this point.

When they boarded the carriage, Celeste cradled the two babies in her arms. Pier and Silas were sleeping at the same time and their angelic faces made her worries disappear for the moment.

'Whatever happens, just not my children or Leandro...' She prayed to the gods above that any of the events that would happen will not include any of her family.

Turning her head right outside the window, Celeste observed the man she had requested to come with them to the palace.

Wearing his usual all-black attire, Ronnovian's face was emotionless. Not a speck of any joy was present in his lips.

He had the usual somber and nonchalant look plastered but Celeste could identify he, too, was anxious about the things that would happen in a few hours.

It wasn't even sure it would happen in the palace. Perhaps a huge catastrophe might happen somewhere in the kingdom and that somehow had a thing to do with the Frost of Winter.

But Celeste couldn't be complacent with her reasons. They were understandable but unsure. She could not place her trust in any of the outcomes she made with her premonitions.

"Celeste, are you okay?" Leandro asked beside her and the woman closed her eyes before gripping Leandro's hand tightly.

"I am, Leandro. I am." She smiled and opened her eyes again.

"I will be fine."

---

"The House of Masters has arrived!" the servant spoke loudly alerting everyone.

A luxurious carriage pulled by three horses arrived at the palace and all the people gasped at how beautiful it was.

Soon, the coachman pulled the reigns of the horses making the carriage halt as well. He then got off and opened the door.

Creak~

"Oh my!"

All servants had the same thoughts when they saw two people get out of the carriage.

The knights that guarded the magnificent gates parted to make way for them and lowered their heads in respect.

A woman with gorgeous white hair stood beside a man with dashingly handsome looks. Everyone knew him. He and the woman were the latest talks amongst all the social circles in the kingdom for the past weeks.