Chapter 105 - Mastermind

A/N: This is, by far, the longest chapter I have written throughout the series. I don't want to separate it into two chapters because I felt like this would be better if combined in one. Enjoy!

---

"It has been confirmed that Pier Belmiunde was seen with a vampire."

'Shit.' Faust clenched his hands under the table when he heard the emperor's announcement.

How? That was the question running in his mind. How would someone know Pier was meeting with the vampire?

There was no way Pier would be that careless when meeting someone he knew would jeopardize his position right now. He is currently in the better light of Belmaid. He is seen as a glory-worthy person and everyone loved him.

He knew Pier wouldn't be that reckless with his actions because Faust himself had witnessed the genius of a mastermind he was. All his actions are calculated and all of his plans are carefully crafted as if he were an artisan creating the piece of their life.

"What?!"

"Oh my..."

There were various reactions from the people who attended and deep inside, Faust was panicking.

They knew a good portion of Pier knows. Everyone inside this conference room knows that Pier Belmiunde is someone associated with the dark and if they probe further, it wouldn't be long before they understand the scheme that happened behind the War of Taron.

The War of Taron. That was what people called it in the surrounding regions.

It entails the conflict that happened between Cresencia and Taron when the former suddenly attacked Taron and included them in their war against Belmaid. It also speaks about the banished young master who was driven out of the kingdom by the royals and his father as he did not want to marry someone he didn't love.

It was like a fairytale.

When the enemies were at the capital, the city closest to the palace, the young master who was exiled from their kingdom returned to protect his homeland against the invaders and trapped them inside his wall of flames that burned every one to ashes.

The story was even being written into children's books to provide inspiration to the young ones who also aspire to be a hero.

Amongst all the titles he got, him being the hero of the war was the best highlight. People adored him for that.

However, no one really knew what happened under all that façade except for five people who were in the conference room of Taron when the attack happened.

Faust was one of those. He was considered a witness of the young master's heroic acts that made his name sweep through the continent.

The second prince of the Belmaid Empire knew what lies beyond the fairytale he had fabricated.

And now, it was close to being uncovered.

The ugly and dark roots that support the flourishing garden of the hero's tale were bound to be discovered if the people here continued to talk about it.

'Pier isn't that careless to let anyone see them together...' he thought.

He knew Pier wouldn't do that because it was himself who fabricated his mask as the hero of the war when in reality, he was the manipulator of the characters that made him turn out as the main character.

Pier Belmiunde is too much of a genius to just let things go this way.

"Is there any proof for that, Your Majesty?" Finley inquired as he crossed his arms and leaned back on his chair. The emperor looked at his son before nodding his head and it only made the others gasp for the second time.