Chapter 122 - Oh Shit

"Uhm..." Silas sat awkwardly on a chair facing a large table where an entire map is laid out. He scratched his cheek awkwardly while looking around the room and he chuckled because all eyes were on him.

His gaze turned to Lysander who was just staring at him too as if he was some sort of mystical creature that had horns and would leave rainbow trails as he moved. Clearing his throat, the young king crossed his arms and closed his eyes.

'Hmmm...' He thought to himself.

He did have a plan to kill the bosses of each round but he didn't have one when it comes to talking with the remaining hunters of this district, or this world in general because he never had the intention to be affiliated with them anyway.

"Where did you find him, Sir Perez?" Silas abruptly opened his eyes when someone in the room spoke and when he saw the owner of the voice, he smiled a little bit. It was a teenager probably in his fifteen's.

"He was planning to steal goods from the market."

"What?" He raised an eyebrow at it but when he thought of it, it would look like that but stealing was never really an option since anyone who doesn't pay for what they eat and get from the convenience store is severely punished by whatever system is ruling in this world.

"..." Everyone was silent as they gazed at him again and he huffed while glaring at the man of black magic.

"What's his rank? He must be pretty special if you didn't kill a runaway like him." This time, it was a girl who spoke and she looked like she was in her mid-twenties.

"What's your rank, runaway? You look strong, by any chance, are you a B-Rank Hunter?" the third person, another teenager who looked so much like the first one asked. The only difference was that this person had more of a cunning personality based on the smirk on his face.

'Twins?' He asked while looking back and forth the first person who spoke and then the third one.

"B and higher-ranked hunters don't usually escape from their district and wander to another though?"

"I don't know what rank I am...?" The young king admitted and he turned his head away avoiding the gaze from everyone else in the room. It was full of people, from young little girls and boys to old people who are probably in their sixties.

They were in a rickety old room and there were many marks and papers pinned on the walls. It seemed like this was there meeting room or some sort.

"What?" It was the other people's turn to ask him with the question but Perez immediately got in the way before the discussion could further go on.

"He's from another country," Lysander spoke and they all went silent.

'They sure love being silent...' Silas chuckled awkwardly.

"From another country..." The people looked at each other before going back to him.

And as expected, just like Perez' question earlier, they had the same one in mind.

"Did your country survive the challenges?"

Knowing that they don't have any clue about the status of other countries anyway, he shrugged his shoulders and nodded his head. "Yes. My country survived the challenges, but I was the last person alive there."

In that instant, many covered their mouths and the curiosity on their faces turned into pity... which he really didn't expect and needed but for his story to be believable, he also turned his face into that of grief.

"It had been many years already. My country was the first one to be played by the system and the challenges came earlier than the rest of the world." Based from their reactions, it looked like they were believing him indeed.