Chapter 69 - Goodbye (5)

Chirp... Chirp...

The sound of birds chirping from a distance could be heard. A gentle breeze passed by him which caused his hair to flutter. Pier pushed the free strands on the back of his hair and looked at the sky.

It was a beautiful day.

No signs of rain or storm could be detected even from a mile away and it was making his heart lighter. He was happy.

He was currently out in the garden and taking a stroll. His parents have gone to the palace to tend to their duties while his brother, Silas, was nowhere to be found as usual.

The young prodigy had a habit of disappearing at certain times and coming back without any notice. Silas was just like his first unlocked magic element, the wind.

"I wish I could be like the wind too," Pier spoke under his breath as the breeze continuously passed by him. It was common knowledge that when he was born, he did not have any affinity for magic. Pier could not use nor incorporate the basic foundation of life within his own body and he had to rely on his parents for support to continue living.

It came to the point that he had already accepted that he would never be able to use magic. He knew that, Pier knew and accepted that fact.

While his peers were slowly discovering their abilities one by one, Pier would always sit in the corner and cheer for their achievements. During those times, he was always wishing the time where he suddenly unlocks his ability to wield magic would arrive.

Even just the most basic spells, Pier wanted to have the ability to wield those. Even if he cannot get stronger, even if he cannot progress and become as strong as the headmasters that governed over the House of Masters, he simply wanted to have the capability to use magic.

Yet things were just not perfect.

For him, that is.

Until the moment he took his last breath, Pier was not able to use magic at all.

"Even in the dreams I couldn't use magic as well. How dull." He huffed and pouted his lips in annoyance.

"They could just share a drop of Silas' capability to wield magic with me and I would be the happiest man in the world." Truly, his brother who was given the strongest forms of magic in the world was something Pier was secretly jealous of.

Silas was the golden child of the Belmiunde Family and the sole living wonder of the world right now.

The Silas in this world might still have a very long way to go before he can match the power of the Silas in the real world but Silas was still Silas.

Silas of the dreams would reach that point that even dragons would not threaten him.

"So jealous," Pier sighed before laying down on the grass and continuing his journey in counting and identifying the shapes of clouds that passed by him.

Usually, he would spend his time cooped up in his room just to preserve where the events had been when Asher left so that when the prince came back, they could continue the journey together again.

Today, Pier wasn't really feeling any of those.

He had been quite suffocated staying in his room the entire time Asher was away so he decided to get out and for once, enjoy solidarity within the garden of the mansion.

For once, he wanted to decide without actually putting others first.

"Heh," he giggled when he thought about it. It sounded like he was now letting go of Asher and finally moving on.