Chapter 92 - Dead

What was he going to be like? The question lingered in everyone's mind. Especially the crown prince's head. Finley observed the carriage pass through the seemingly endless row of knights that had their swords raised.

Almost everyone in the empire already had a glimpse of Pier Belmiunde but it was only through a recorded memory. It was only through a single performance that he did in the Taron Kingdom. They never knew what he is and what his character was.

While the carriage moved, his eyes shifted from the vehicle to his younger brother.

His eyes squinted as he observed every single expression and movement Faust made.

He saw how Faust's hands secretly trembled.

He saw how a drop of sweat dribbled from his brother's forehead to his cheek.

He saw how Faust looks... scared.

'Scared? Of what? Shouldn't he be happy?' Finley questioned himself. After all, Faust was the one who led most of the preparations for the young master's arrival. He took responsibility for most of the process until it came to perfection.

Finley wasn't naïve.

The moment he saw Faust come back from the war that happened in Taron, he instantly knew that something had changed in his brother because of one thing.

The Crown Prince of the Belmaid Empire can see the aura of a person.

It wasn't similar to how mages and other individuals who can wield magic's perception. They can feel how powerful a person is based on the strength of magic they emanate from their bodies but Finley's was different.

He can literally see a person's aura coming off of their bodies. As if scattering beams of light were being released from their body, he can identify what a person is.

Normally, Faust's aura had been a scatter of short, orange weak beams.

Just what a normal person should have.

However, when the prince returned to Belmaid after the invasion in Taron, it became slightly different. If he did not observe it properly, Finley wouldn't have been able to point it out at all. But luckily, he saw how the weak beams of Faust's aura became a little longer.

The crown prince identified people's strengths based on the length of their aura's beams.

Faust got slightly stronger when he returned to Belmaid.

What could be the reason for that?

Then he thought about Pier Belmiunde—the renowned savior of the kingdom.

'It must've something to do with him,' he concluded because there was no other possible explanation for Faust to get stronger even though it was just a minuscule growth. There was no one else associated with Faust in that territory aside from the young master himself.

'But what is this?' His eyebrow raised in question because Faust looked like he was distraught.

What made his brother fear something that hasn't even shown himself to the people?

The prince's eyebrows furrowed as he went back in observing the carriage that was now nearing them. A few seconds left until it would finally stop and the awaited guest would come out.

Finley released a small breath of air from his mouth as his fingers twitched.

'Not good.' His anticipation was increasing as he couldn't wait to see the man who was able to change his brother. He couldn't wait to see Taron's unofficial saint and hero.