Chapter 8 - Blinded

Screech!

A maid held the back of the chair and pushed it in perfect alignment with the other seats.

The flutter of the birds' wings could be heard as they flew across the warm breeze. It was a gentle afternoon where the world was calm and tranquil.

"The place is beautiful, isn't it?" Leandro asked as he and Celeste walked along the halls of the palace.

The quiet atmosphere as servants were nowhere to be seen as of the moment gave them the liberty to voice their thoughts out without worrying about if others could see them.

"Yes. In contrast with the snow, the warmth that envelopes me is something I am fond of," Celeste responded in a soft manner which Leandro's eyes gleamed at.

"The Frost of Winter would be mad if it knows you like the warmth more," the young master joked wherein Celeste giggled at the silly statement.

"The Frost of Winter loves the warmth too. It's always curious about it."

"Really?"

Nodding her head, Celeste pushed her white hair back behind her ears as they both stopped beside a large, beautiful window that was almost twice as big as them.

Sunlight poured through the well-crafted window and it gave them a wonderful allure. Celeste and Leandro stood side by side as they viewed the entirety of the nation from their spot.

It was majestic. The way they can see the vast landscape spanning for thousands upon thousands of miles made their souls dance in glee.

"Leandro," Celeste spoke after a few moments of silence between them.

"..." yet she did not get a response.

Turning her head, Celeste halted when she saw the sight before her.

Leandro had his eyes closed while feeling the streams of sunlight that passed through the glass window.

The zephyr that flew by them made the young master's raven-dark hair flutter.

Thump! Celeste's heart pounded in her ears after seeing Leandro's peaceful expression.

'He loves the light that much,' she thought while making sure to store the memory of Leandro's handsome expression on her mind.

'And in turn, the light loved him.' She allowed the man to indulge himself in the beauty of the golden afternoon and turned her head again to look outside.

The moment Celeste was born, she had been chosen already by the Frost of Winter as its master.

Born from the village hidden under the snow, Celeste lived a normal life until she started manifesting her magic and traits as a sovereign.

Soon, she heard its voice.

The voice of magic that spoke in her mind about its own thoughts. Celeste shared the ideas and aspirations the frost had and it allowed her to gain a better perspective of the world.

Sovereign of Frost.

The title belonged to hers alone and came with it were many responsibilities.

As the Sovereign of Frost, she must oversee any disturbances with winter. That alone was a big task for her but she handled it flawlessly.

Yet came with her magic were a few perks.

She could teleport using the Frost's magic, she could cast winter in an area she desired, she had overwhelming power that no one can rival.

If Celeste wanted to, she could alter the seasons around the world and cause chaos that might bring everything in its demise. However, she wasn't cruel nor evil.