Chapter 90 - Fear

"Gideon."

"I heed your call, my liege."

Silas paused for a second. They were standing just right outside of the temple on top of the fifth mountain that was overseeing the entirety of the Mir Mountains. The wind was blowing gently on their faces and Gideon took the chance to inhale the freshest breeze he would ever have in this world.

Meanwhile, the golden orb that was as big as an ostrich's egg was bobbing up and down beside the young king and if it weren't for the presence of his master, Gideon would've chuckled because it was clear as daylight the golden light orb that contained the first biological child of the two kings was trying to cling on its father with the best of its abilities.

"It's quite funny, isn't it?"

"What is, my liege?"

"My child."

Gideon looked at the light orb again and this time, it was floating near Silas' head and was trying to rub itself on the king's cheek.

"Uhm..." Gideon scratched his cheek because he thought it would be disrespectful to call the future prince of Mir funny. "You can say so, it's not like you're a stranger my soul is not bound to."

Gideon flinched in surprise at the words and he looked at his master.

"Isn't that right? After all, you have sworn to be my shield as I became a king. We forged our promise in the sovereign phoenix's realm," Silas reminded him and Gideon nodded his head frantically. Of course, how could he ever forget such remarkable moment in his life? It was the single thing he would never forget even if he had the memory of a dog.

"Of course, my liege! Uh..." He looked at the golden orb and finally gave in the urge to chuckle. "Yes. He is quite funny."

"He? You think it would be a boy?"

"No! My liege... I... uh..."

"I think so too."

"R-Really?"

"Yeah."

"I see..." Gideon nodded his head. He thought it was impudent of him to presume that the child would be a boy but good thing his master was agreeing with him.

Not that he had any issue with the child being born as a girl because no matter what the gender of the child was, Gideon was already devoted in teaching the child the ways of the sword.

"There is a reason why I called you here before we depart to the Belmaid Empire in a few minutes."

"I am all ears, my liege."

"I am leaving him to you."

Confused, the knight thought of the person the young king was referring to. Maybe it was Raegan-

"This child beside me, I mean."

Gideon was still lost in thought that he was spacing out already about what he could do with Raegan. Maybe they could go shopping in the market or explore other kingdoms while in disguise. Right?

"You can trust me with Rae- Oh..." The knight paused when the thought finally processed in his mind. He looked at the egg and the young king back and forth as if he was demanding an explanation but never really had the courage to do so. "M-Me?" He gulped and Silas nodded his head.

"But..." he started getting cold sweat because of one thing.

The child only sticks to the young king.

Literally.

Not even the vampire king could make it stick to him like how it was rubbing its entire body on Silas' face. Sure, Ciaran also had his share of moments with the golden orb but when the two are in the same room, the white-haired king was always the only option for the golden orb to run off to.