Chapter 94 - Horus the Paladin

Everyone was waiting in anticipation.

Nobles and royalty alike had their hearts in their throats as the door slowly opened. They couldn't wait to see Pier Belmiunde – the combined prodigy and genius of music from the Taron Kingdom. They all saw one performance he did and that was enough to capture everyone's favor and admiration.

He was just different.

Even Emperor Adin, who was sitting on the throne was silently anticipating Pier Belmiunde's entry. There was something in the young master from their allied kingdom that intrigued him so much.

One's thing for sure, the young master wouldn't disappoint. Still...

And just like that, the doors fully opened. The bright light from the outside blinded them for a few seconds until they slowly saw the figure of a man walk inside the throne room. People held their breaths and some clutched their invisible excitement near their chest.

Pier stepped inside, enough for everyone to see him. His head was held high and his confidence was remarkable. There wasn't even a slight hint of nervousness or fear present in his face.

Left and right, people gasped once they had a good look at his face.

God, he was beautiful and magical. His face was bare yet one could tell it was soft to the touch. The absence of any blemishes was astounding. It's as if you could glide your fingers through his cheeks and it would feel like touching the most expensive silk cloth in the world.

The first thing everyone noticed were his eyes. That was a given considering they were of different colors. It did not make him weird at all. As a matter of fact, it made Pier Belmiunde look like a lot more immaculate. The extremely rare occurrence of a person having dual eye colors was something they never expected but here he is, the manifestation of its existence.

"Hair as white as snow," Emperor Adin whispered as he observed the young master's hair. Pier's head as adorned with small, sparkling diamonds that reflected the lights coming from the chandeliers above brilliantly.

He walked the red carpet gracefully. Each and every step he took was dignified and profound. He did not falter and cower. Instead, there was pride and grace. He wasn't nervous in anyone's gaze in the room as his eyes were fixated on the emperor who sat on the throne.

Finley and Faust watched silently beside their father as Pier made his way nearer. Each of the prince had varying thoughts that they wanted to speak out loud but decided not to.

'As if the crowd was enchanted by him,' Finley spoke internally while observing Pier.

He never thought he'd reach the day where he'd see a man so beautiful that no one can compare to. He was much more elegant and graceful than women but he was also exuding confidence and pride much more than any men.

"Wow..." A woman spoke beside him and Finley gave her a side eye.

"He's beautiful... wow..." the woman whispered again and Finley sighed before shaking his head.

Not sparing her any more attention than necessary, Finley went back in observing Pier who now reached the lowest stair that led to the emperor's throne. The young master lowered himself on his knees and bowed his head.

"I greet the Eternal Sun of the Empire, His Royal Majesty, Emperor Adin Blanche," Pier spoke with moderation. He wasn't loud nor was he quiet. The tone of his voice was appropriate to uphold the emperor but at the same time hold his ground.

He did not show any signs of being submissive but his words were notably filled with respect.

He is a man of pride and principles but he wasn't afraid to acknowledge someone who had a higher status than him.