Chapter 47 - The Puddle of Fate (2)

Knock! Knock! Knock!

The door opened and came inside a man who wore a black suit with a neat appearance. His right hand carried a covered plate and on his other hand was a glass of milk. "Your highness, here is your snack," the butler spoke and the said child only nodded his head.

Worried, the butler observed the prince for a few moments. "What do you need, Chray?" the Little Prince of Mir asked and the vampire scratched the back of his head.

"You are supposed to be asleep now by his majesty's orders, your highness," Chray politely replied and then he heard the thumping sound which indicated that Raegan had closed the book he held.

It was past midnight and only the flickering light coming from the candle lit the room. The lights from the chandeliers were off as to not give away the presence of the individuals inside the palace's library.

"I will be fine as I will sleep later. I need to finish these books first." Chray's gaze then went into the pile of books that were sitting on one side of the table where Prince Raegan was reading.

He sweatdropped. 'That's too much books a child should read.'

The vampire attendant was worried that the little prince might be exhausting himself along the process because despite the latter being a dragon, he was still three years old. He was still considered a baby.

Chray even winced when he saw how thick each book was and how they all differ when it comes to their content.

Magic, ruling, etiquettes, and many more. Heck, there were even books on how to properly dance during gatherings.

"Still, your highness, it is important for you to sleep early. The kings will wonder why you are tired in the morning," Chray tried to persuade the dragon prince once more but Raegan remained unmoving. His eyes were continuously reading the paragraphs of the book he was reading.

Defeated, Chray could only sigh as there was no point trying to persuade the prince further. Raegan's decisions were like a rock. They were hard to change and move.

"His majesty might check on you and see that you are still not asleep, your highness," he tried one last time but he already expected that it would be futile and the prince would remain unresponsive. But alas! Raegan turned his head towards him and Chray stiffened.

The child's blue eyes were very much similar to the white-haired king's eyes.

"Father will not be mad at me when he sees me still awake and reading books," Raegan argued. "Rather, father would be proud when he sees me keeping up with my studies."

'But you are not just keeping up your studies, your highness. You are past two years of lecture already,' he thought.

Raegan was always reading these days even when he was done with his classes as the Royal Prince of Mir. He had read so much that the vampires had nothing left to teach him and he had to teach himself about many things through the books.

The vampire attendant massaged his head gently as he continued to fret over the young prince.

Something strange was definitely happening with the royal family. He could tell that.

The white-haired king's trips outside the kingdom became much more frequent than normal and even the vampire king has his own businesses too. On a usual day, it is common to see the latter always following and trying to woo his beloved in the palace but the past few weeks have been different.

Ciaran and Silas had been parting ways a lot. The white-haired king with go up north while the vampire king would take trips in the south. They were constantly separated from time to time.