Chapter 14 - The First Greeting

In an instant, Asher became silent as the pair of glowing eyes looked at him. Shivers ran up and down his body while he looked especially at the golden eye that held so much power.

Asher couldn't comprehend how one of Pier's eyes had suddenly turned gold but here he was, looking at such phenomena with confusion.

There was so much magic from it that he actually started fearing for his life.

'What... is this...' He thought while trying to think of any explanation but he couldn't. However, he did have some thoughts.

The amount of magic being released from Pier's body when his eyes had turned golden was similar to a certain scenario Asher had seen before.

'Right... When he engulfed the entire capital in flames...' It was the same wavelength of magic he was feeling right now. A strong and powerful wave of magic that could easily blow him away to pieces.

Except for some things.

Pier was not casting any spells. His eye had simply turned golden yet the exact amount of magic was being portrayed.

"Pier..." He called and tried to move his arm.

Crack!

'Huh?' He looked at his arm and saw the ice that had frozen his body cracked at the slightest of movement.

Asher then turned his head back to look at Pier.

"What do you mean, Pier?" He inquired and Pier looked at him with a somber look.

Sighing, the white-haired king pushed his hair back before placing his hand behind him and smiling.

"Let's not play dumb with each other, Asher. Use your brain." Pier spoke with a hint of disappointment in his voice.

"Do you usually become that stupid when facing Pier? I don't recall so." Asher flinched at the obvious mockery.

"You always acted high and mighty around him. Left him behind as he did not meet your standards. When Elena was around, you always ignored him. None of your actions in the past were similar to this."

Pier was finally breaking out of character.

He had enough playing the role of Pier Belmiunde. Once the young master from the House of Masters and the lowly person looked down on by the world.

He finally found his resolve.

"I asked you about your memories with Silas, not Pier." The white-haired king reiterated.

"Silas...?" Asher asked dumbfoundedly.

"Asher, you did not meet me when we were four."

"W-What?"

"The king did not invite me when I was five."

"Pier, I don't understand any of this-"

"We did not have our first sword training together when we were six. I did not lift any swords that time."

Asher's head started hurting when Pier started speaking about incomprehensible things again.

"We did not sneak into the maid's quarters and stole their materials."

"But... But we did! We clearly did..."

"Asher, we did not run past the meadows and laid on the hay. We did not drink those nectars from the flowers."

"B-But..."

Asher's heart pounded in his ears. What did Pier mean they did not do any of those?

Was this another form of the young king trying to confuse his mind through words? Was this one of those times Pier was trying to gain entertainment by watching people fret over their thoughts?