Chapter 27 - Handkerchief

A/N: Mature content ahead. Reader discretion is advised. 

---

Clack... Clack... The sound of their footsteps could be heard on the palace's silent halls. Each window they passed gave their bodies a beautiful glow as moonlight seeped through the glass.

Meanwhile, the vampire king's arm was wrapped around Silas' waist and the other was busy playing with the young king's ear.

"That tickles, Fenrir," the latter commented earning him a grin from the raven-haired man.

"What do you want to eat?" Ciaran asked when they were now near the kitchen where most foods were cooked by the vampires.

"Anything would be good. I am not that hungry." Silas then pushed his hair back behind his ear and focused more on his steps.

"Okay. Want wine too?" The vampire king added another question wherein the latter only nodded his head.

Once they arrived at the kitchen door, Ciaran gently pushed it with his hand and revealed the marvelous place.

Inside were a few vampires who were busily cooking something and preparing ingredients.

"We greet our royal Majesties, King Pier, and King Ciaran!" They all spoke in unison and lowered their heads as a sign of complete respect for the two.

"Please prepare food for us," Ciaran mentioned and they nodded their heads.

"What is it that you desire to eat, your majesties?" One vampire whom the two kings identified as the head chef asked.

"Just prepare your best dishes and accompany them with some wine when you deliver it to the kitchen," Ciaran spoke. They all started working the moment the order was given and on their faces was an extreme joy as they did their jobs.

It was one of the biggest privileges for them as vampires and as the people of magic now.

Serving the founding kings was definitely one of the highest dreams any of the citizens could wish for and it made them giddy inside.

Once they were done instructing the vampires in the kitchen, the two kings went on their way to the dining hall.

It was just as usual, empty and seemingly desolate.

Since there were only a thousand vampires occupying Mir and a few human children, it was to be expected.

There were many vampires who worked in the palace as chefs, cooks, butlers, and more but at night, Ciaran and Pier usually gives them the freedom to leave their duties and go home.

Though the palace was never empty because some vampires insist on serving the two kings.

"They look much happier now," the black-haired king spoke out of nowhere and Silas nodded his head in agreement.

"The sensation of freedom and liberty from their fears and past experiences after receiving the capability to overcome them must've been the cause." They now reached the dining hall and as usual, it was empty.

Only the Royal Family as well as the king's guard uses this place.

It was meant for them all along. A room that was dedicated for them to feast and have private conversations.

"You've given the vampires so many things now, my love," Ciaran leaned in to whisper in Silas' ear.

"First, you gave them the Mir Mountains." He gently pushed Silas onto the wall and enclosed the man by placing both of his hands beside the young king's head.