Chapter 16 - Hold my Hand (2)

A/N: Song for this chapter is 'Hold my Hand' by Lady Gaga. Listen to it on repeat as you read the chapter for a better reading experience. Enjoy!

---

"Pier... Pier... is that really you?" The weeping prince asked and the person nodded his head.

"It is me, your highness. I am glad to have seen you once more," Pier spoke as he took a step closer towards Asher wherein the prince's eyes were in disbelief.

"Pier..."

"Hmmm?" Pier hummed as he stopped in front of the Crown Prince.

The young master then slowly raised his hand and touched the ice that covered Asher's body. In an instant, it disappeared, too, into a million ascending lights.

"I'm jealous. Look at him, all powerful and stuff. Wish I could at least choke people before," Pier mumbled underneath his breath while watching the sparkles too.

Turning his head towards Asher again, the young master grinned wide before lowering his head.

"Can I take a walk with his highness in the garden? It will only be for a short moment," He asked for permission, and Asher who was already a mess only cried harder.

He realized so many things at this point especially when Pier lowered his head and asked for his permission.

He knew their relationship in the past had been so bad but he did not expect for it to reach this point.

To the point where the young master of their sworn household whom they treated as equals were lowering his head just to ask for a walk in the garden.

It made his heart ache so much and Asher sobbed again before standing on wobbly legs.

"Thank you, your highness," Pier spoke after raising his head. They were about to proceed down the steps of the pavilion when Asher turned his head towards the embracing lover surrounded by an immaculate view of magic and bright, dark light surrounding them.

"Let's not disturb them for now, your highness. They might lose focus and I might just disappear without warning!" Pier giggled and Asher's dread only increased at the joke.

He noted that Pier and Silas had the same humor of speaking unwarranted jokes at the most inappropriate times.

Nodding his head, they walked down the stairs and started treading a bricked path through the garden.

Plants grew everywhere they looked and Pier took the time indulging the scenery of beautiful greens.

Flowers were blooming and trees were standing tall. The grass was well-taken care of that despite the sun constantly shining in the skies, it still looked as beautiful as ever.

"Ooh, those roses look good," he mentioned and Asher's gaze went to the patch of red roses that were growing in a certain spot in the garden.

They approached the roses and Pier smiled as he looked at them.

"I wish I could touch it," he whispered and Asher lowered his head for a moment when the hurt on his chest increased so much in a span of a few seconds.

"Pier... I..."

"Have you been well, your highness?" Asher looked up and saw that Pier was smiling at him.

"Y-Yes..." Asher decided to respond when he immediately identified that Pier wanted to prolong the conversation.

"I see. I am glad that his highness is doing well." Pier then tried to touch a rose but as expected, it passed by his hand.