Chapter 44 - Brother

"Kyu?" A little creature covered with white fur tilted its head as it looked up at him.

"Hmmm..." He pondered over so many ideas while staring back at the furry friend he has. "Do you want a name?" He asked and the creature did not seem to understand his question as it proceeded to lick its paw.

"Well, silence doesn't always mean yes but I'll take it as one this time." He then scratched the back of his head while trying to come up with a plausible name for the fox.

Silas sat on the dark throne with crossed legs while the nine-tailed fox was manifested in front of him. It was far from the enormous creature that reached the skies with its size inside his void. The one that was in the outside world was small...

"Too small." Indeed, it was too small. It looked like the small fox was a newborn puppy that could fit in his palm. Sighing, Silas shook his head. "Well, what your size in my void must've been altered when you went outside." He crossed his arms.

He had been so busy sorting many things out since everything was a mess when he became busy with his personal issues. He had temporarily abandoned other things such as the war and the territories going at each other's throats.

The young king had also left unattended the entire room filled with letters from so many people.

"I can't come up with a good name," he huffed and gave up in naming the nine-tailed white fox for now. "Whimpy is such a lousy name too. Mother was bad at giving names," he murmured and then proceeded to stand up.

He needed to sort out further things in this ending.

Silas walked down the throne and onto the door.

Yes, he needed to sort some things.

"Like this." Rolling his eyes, he turned his back from the man and did not even spare him a glance. "Your majesty," the man with auburn hair persistently spoke and the white-haired king heard the set of footsteps that followed his own.

His steps hastened and so did the ones following him. Meanwhile, the nine-tailed fox was perched on his shoulder and looking back at the man following the young king.

Faster and faster, Silas was almost at the point of running when he huffed and turned to look at the man who also was about to bump him since the latter was on the verge of running too.

"Leave me be for a second, young duke," he sighed and mentally facepalmed himself while looking at Raphael.

His eyebrows were furrowed and an annoyed look made its way onto his face.

That's right. Raphael had been following him all around where he went in the kingdom. There was no time nor place he went that Raphael was absent.

It felt like he got another Gideon but this one was absent-minded and was utterly a puppet.

'At least Gideon had better sense than this man,' he thought and eventually gave up. He purposefully locked himself inside the throne room because of the young duke and behold – Raphael was just right outside waiting for him.

How many hours has it been?

Four? Five? He was too occupied with naming the furry fox on his shoulders that he lost track of time.

"Have you eaten, Raphael?" He asked and the young duke immediately shook his head. Not helping himself, Silas grumbled incomprehensible words under his breath.

No, this is not like Gideon at all.

Gideon had, at the very least, the common sense to eat when he wanted to. "This one doesn't." He rolled his eyes again and instead of leaving to run away from the young duke, he walked towards Raphael. His long cape draped onto the floor and trailed behind him wonderfully.