Chapter 31 - Puppet

A/N: To avoid further confusion, I'll just return in calling Silas as Pier and the real Pier as the 'original Pier' because it was the former's wish in the first place. Also, I might create further mistakes when switching the names back and forth between Silas and Pier as only him, Fenrir, and Asher knew about it while the rest of the characters would call him Pier (and I hate proofreading my work many times too hehe).

P.S. Except for Ciaran at certain times (probably because he likes groaning the name out during smex lol)

---

"Is there something wrong with your head, young duke?" Pier asked but the man remained silent.

As the little amount of sunlight that could pierce the towering trees of Mir entered the palace, it resembled a small flicker of hope towards those who cowered in fear in front of him.

"Chray," Pier called and the vampire flinched on his spot because he had been locked in trance while watching the two individuals.

Raphael seems like he was totally out of it.

"Yes, Your Majesty?"

"Do not let anyone enter the throne room for now." The order was short and simple. However, it contained an intonation of finality and irrevocability.

Without hesitations, Chray went out of the door and closed it as he left. He did not fully leave yet as he was tasked by the young king to guard the doors so that no one may come in.

'What happened to him?' he thought while thinking about the way Raphael shamelessly gazed into the king's eyes without fear.

Chray never saw Raphael like that.

---

"Hmmm..." Pier raised his hand and a glimmering sphere of ice magic appeared. The freezing orb then wafted through the air and rose until it reached the ceiling of the throne room.

As he clenched his hands, an invisible force started to pressure the ice sphere into a smaller size. Smaller and smaller until it cannot take the pressure anymore.

It was a small bead of magic that one wouldn't really mind getting hit on because of its size and probably the amount of magic it contained.

Except for his.

And just like that, the ice sphere popped into millions of small particles.

They flickered against the streams of sunlight that entered the room, too, giving them a majestic display of beautiful magic.

But it did not end there.

Soon, cold winds blew inside the throne room and dark clouds appeared on the ceiling where the ice sphere had been shattered. Snow fell on their heads and the young king turned his attention back towards Raphael.

It did not take long before...

Schaa~

Starting from their feet, statues made out of ice appeared out of nowhere.

Higher and higher until their entire frames were made. The ice statues were continuously being created.

"Look at me, young duke," Pier commanded but Raphael still did not move. He just kneeled there with one knee on the ground while the other was raised to support himself.

He hung his head low as a sign of respect but seeing how did not respond to the king's command, was it even respectful in the first place?

With a raised brow, Pier tapped his hand on the wind where a magical ripple was made.