Chapter 65 - Goodbye

The hum of a man echoed through the walls of his room.

"When can I meet Asher again, I wonder?" He smiled as he stood in front of a mirror.

His set of deep, blue eyes were looking at the reflection in the object. His black hair blended in well with the quiet but not serene environment.

The corner of his lips rose in an attempt to smile but to no avail, it went back to form his sad face. He couldn't find the reason to be happy when Asher wasn't here.

He was living in a dream. When Asher wasn't here, the dream couldn't progress and it would be stuck at the same moment when the Crown Prince had left the time he woke up in the real world. When everything was on pause, Pier was locked in his little room.

Well, he chose it to be that way.

Pier wanted to freeze the moment the exact same way it was the moment Asher leaves so when the prince comes back to meet him again, they could continue and progress the story together and reach a possible ending.

Dreams.

It was surreal in the first place.

He should've left the world already. He should've vanished.

Pier Belmiunde wasn't supposed to be here anymore when he died. Yet here he was, waiting every day for the Crown Prince to come and meet him in their dreams.

How did that happen?

'I hope he does not notice...' Pier wished as he continued to oversee his image in the mirror.

He was using his brother's magic.

'I'm just using such a small amount!' He argued particularly with no one. Indeed, he wasn't using Silas' magic too much.

Compare it to using a single drop of magic that Pier used when in fact, Silas had an entire ocean at his disposal.

When he was living in Silas' soul, he saw many types of magic. There were elemental, light, and darkness magic. However, there was one form of magic that he saw in the man's soul.

The magic of dreams.

It was a naturally occurring form of magic that manifested when Silas and his lover, Ciaran, marked each other and deepened their bond. They were able to meet even in their dreams and continue to be with each other without parting.

Pier was intrigued by the form of magic so all the while he stayed at the place, he also started to gather small amounts of it in his own body.

He couldn't wield magic. His body couldn't handle even a single drop of it.

However, he was able to utilize his own brother's magic and ended up allowing him to utilize the magic of dreams. As long as Silas lives, he can continue leeching off of his brother's magic just to sustain the imitation of the magic of dreams he had produced.

"I'm sorry," he apologized while looking at the mirror.

Pier envisioned that it was his brother he was looking at right now.

The man with the snow-like hair.

The man who had a golden eye which was the only indicator that he is the sole wielder of light magic.

The man who had an enormous pool of magic that would put the combined magic of all humans in the entire world into shame.

The perfect man the world wanted and is now living.

Surely Silas wouldn't tell him off once he discovered that his deceased brother was using small drops of his magic occasionally, right?

"I wonder what Asher is doing right now..." Pier sat on a chair and he sighed heavily.