Chapter 57 - Friend (3)

A/N: I was listening to Barbie as Rapunzel's soundtrack #2 on repeat as I wrote this chapter. It would be nice if y'all did too for a better reading experience. Enjoy!

---

'I can't feel her...' Silas was in deep concentration. His thoughts were drifting far from the physical world as he was meditating within his mind.

"Try harder."

'I'm trying!' He argued to the voice that spoke in his head and rolled his eyes mentally. It had been quite a few moments now since he started to close his eyes and lose all sense of reality. The last image he can remember was settling Raegan in his lap as they both swung in the hammock together after the sudden crash that happened. 'Wonder how they're doing,' the white-haired king thought.

It was in the immediate instance that he had to concentrate this deep when Melfar instructed him to. It had been so long since he got his hands on something that he had wanted and now it was the perfect time to have them once more.

'Even doing college calculus was easier than this,' he complained again as he could feel Melfar's judging gaze on him even though he could not see the sovereign phoenix.

It seemed like Melfar was watching him like a creepy lady who just had a young lad move in next door to her house.

"Focus, guardian."

'I am focusing!' He retorted before trying to feel that particular presence again as Melfar had said that he must look for now that they were in this situation.

'Shit! Why is this so hard?' This was the probably one of the hardest and toughest things he had to go through in the past months. 'It's even harder than learning how to walk when I was two!'

Look for something. That's what Melfar had instructed him.

Something that isn't physical nor spiritual.

Something that isn't alive nor dead.

Something that isn't tangible nor non-existent.

'Meflar reminded me of the troll under the bridge from that one kid's show who loves to give riddles before they can cross the bridge-'

"Focus, Guardian!"

'Alright, alright. Calm your burning feathers down, woman!'

The young king took a deep breath and went back into having a serious performance. It would be a shame that he couldn't do something Melfar can easily do.

"Feel the flow of magic within your body and the world."

Feel the flow of magic within his body? 'Alright, bet.' Silas' entire black world from closing his eyes then suddenly shifted into a different place.

It was something that he had only visited a few times yet it was also the place that he was the most comfortable in.

Shining and shimmering magic orbs flew around as if they were playing. Different hues of these translucent entities were travelling in all directions and Silas was amazed at how beautiful it was.

It wasn't similar to the void of the sovereign phoenix that was filled with the beauty of the world.

It wasn't similar to the void of his lover, the Vampire King, that was submerged in the attribute of darkness and solidarity.

His was completely different.

As if he was floating through space where he could see heavenly bodies everywhere. It was wonderful and exhilarating.