Chapter 35 - Underworld (3)

A/N: Finally! I was able to take a break off from school even just for a few days. Phew! 

---

"You are the current Sovereign of Darkness, aren't you?" A glint of mischief passed through his eyes when he saw the man's eyes squint in distaste.

The cloaked stranger stopped moving and so did he. They stood at a considerable distance just watching each other.

Not until one of them broke the silence.

"You dare step in my place." The underworld spoke in a threatening tone.

Yes, the entire place spoke in such a terrifying voice that shivers ran down the young king's spine. It was horrifying.

But he stood still, he did not even flinch nor move as the darkness spoke.

"I'm sorry if I trespassed your place. I just need to do something." His voice was low too – almost whisper-like as if he did not want to provoke or anger the entity further.

He heaved a deep breath as he released the tension that accumulated in his body. The scene was so rare for anyone to see. The almighty Sovereign of Magic did not want to have conflict with another sovereign.

It was because he knew his place.

Looking at the cloaked man's covered face, he continued speaking.

"Please allow me to see the incomplete sovereign." That seems to have piqued the stranger's interest as Pier saw how his finger twitched even just for less than a second.

"I see." The stranger chuckled before tapping his foot on the ground and a portal appeared. Out of nowhere, a black staff appeared and Pier's eyebrows rose at the display.

"You were the reason why the vampire became a sovereign without my jurisdiction." He chuckled again and this time, he lifted his eyes to look at the young king in the eyes.

And at that moment, Pier's entire body froze when he saw the stranger's face.

Was it even a face to begin with? It seemed like he had lost all words as he watched the empty look on the latter's head.

Just like the faceless figures people see in their dreams, the cloaked stranger had no visible features either.

It was blank. A blank canvass filled with dark colors. The entity's face was empty and filled with darkness.

"Just because you acquired the power of three sovereigns, you thought you could do anything you want?" The man asked in a mocking manner and Pier stayed silent.

"You're violating the laws of sovereigns just because you're powerful?"

With a snap of the stranger's fingers, the world turned dark. The place lighted up by the young king's light magic immediately became home to the absence of it.

Tap!

Pier's barrier instantly broke into millions of tiny pieces which alerted him. His breathing was immediately restricted and he tried to manifest his magic once more.

However, before he could put up another barrier, a hand grabbed his shoulder.

"Even if you are the strongest sovereign of the world, darkness existed before you," the man whispered in his ear.

His eyes widened as he felt the coldness from the fingertips of the hand grabbing his shoulder.

It wasn't similar to the coldness one feels when they are experiencing his magic. This one was different.