[🌊]

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

I followed Childe through the lively town. My bow was slung over my shoulders and that heavy coat was finally gone. Childe on the other hand kept himself hidden.

"How are you not burning up in all that?" I whispered walking by his side.

"Heh I'm used to heat too. I'll be fine don't worry."

I rolled my eyes and went back to looking around.

Currently we were making our way to the center of the city. Within it was the highest court in Fontaine. Childe had gave me a bit more information about the trial.

It was to happen in a few days and the one being sentenced was that girl he had spoken of earlier.

He hadn't told me why she was being sentenced but I could hear the rumors as we went. The one I heard the most was about her doing something to the archon of his nation. Nobody knew the specifics but there was some sort of a betrayal involved.

Though I imagined Childe knew exactly what was going on. He probably just didn't trust me enough yet.

"We're here." Childe put a hand in front of me to stop me from going any further.

I looked up in the direction we stopped and my mouth dropped.

The high court was huge.

It had a giant staircase leading up to a platform with two big white pillars. On both pillars were the symbol of the hydro archon. The building that sat upon its foundation was also huge.

I wasn't sure if this was a court or a castle...

Guards were stationed everywhere in this area. They even observed those entering the court checking identification.

I looked over at Childe and tugged on his coat, "Are they why you're hiding?"

He nodded, "They know people will be coming to stop it. It seems the hydro archon doesn't want to chance anything."

The natives didn't seem to mind the extra guard presence. They went on their day like it was just another normal one. Though they sure looked like they were excited for what was to come.

"So how exactly do you purpose we get in there... we don't really have ID cards."

Childe laughed, "Yea we'll get in, but for today we're just here to watch. There is a few things we need to avoid though."