[🌸]

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

We finished breakfast without much discussion over the previous events. Pantalone did not seem too interested but I was still a bit curious myself. Curious and something else it appeared... There was another feeling in my gut that I couldn't quite explain.

But for now I ignored it.

There was another matter we had to deal with it.

Currently we were getting ready to head up the mountain.

He didn't elaborate too much but I knew Dottore lived up there. Considering that phone call he had with him a while back we must have been going because of that. From what I had gathered the two had a business partnership. Pantalone funded Dottore while Dottore created things worth more value for Pantalone. When it came to dealing with the sources outside that partnership it was usually Pantalone who did the talking. However, this time it appeared Dottore had to and things did not go so well. Pantalone believes attending the party may have made amends but still needed to speak with him anyway.

So here we sat in a carriage pulling us up the mountain.

I hugged myself into my cloak and glanced over at Pantalone who sat beside me.

His attention was focused on the wintery weather outside. The further up we went the worse it got.

I leaned into the carriage trying to find some more warmth.

Why Dottore decided to live so far up the mountains was anyones guess. However, according to Pantalone and I quote, 'Its simple. Nobody can hear anything up there'.

"Cold?" Pantalone asked taking a glance in my direction.

I nodded my head and looked down at my hands.

They were frozen. Stupid me I hadn't even thought to get some gloves with this cloak.

Pantalone eyes drifted toward my hands.

"Here."

He reached his hands out for my own and lightly grasped my fingers.

My heart skipped a beat and I let him hold my hands.

Slowly my hands began to feel a little warmer, but they weren't the only thing. My cheeks felt like they were going to burst into flames.

"We should have gotten you some gloves." He whispered.

I nodded again.