[🌸]

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

It was later in the evening when we finally returned home.

Pantalone seemed exhausted after our conversation with Dottore. Not that I could blame him.

Dottore had promised to make Pantalone something that would be worth the trouble. Pantalone had only agreed in the end because he wanted to return home.

Throughout the conversation Dottore had kept dropping little hints for Pantalone. He also made sure to tease me in the process.

Jerk.

Pantalone had disappeared when we got back. I didn't mind at first because I had to go over a few cases for the next day but now I was energetic and bored. Sadly for me there wasn't really much for me to do here. The most I could do was look around and hope to find something new.

But this time I knew where I wanted to go.

The conversation Dottore and I had alone had stuck with me.

Out of all people to be a commoner I never would have expected it to be Pantalone. He just acted so differently, but I guess that didn't mean much. Pantalone was really good at playing different roles. Maybe this was just another act to him.

I tipped toed down the main stairs. Trying to keep my presence discreet. I knew what I was doing might be a bad idea but now it really made me wonder the type of things he painted.

I felt my nerves build as I headed down the hallway and to that room.

I listened for anyone nearby but could not hear anything.

So slowly I kept moving.

It always felt so eerie exploring the house at this time of night. Like a ghost or monster would jump out at me if I weren't careful.

But considering where and who I lived with I don't think I really had to worry about any of that.

It didn't take me long to find the room once more.

The door was cracked open slightly.

I stopped in my place.

Was Pantalone inside?

Cautiously I stepped closer. The room wasn't as dark as usual. There was a bit of light in the center of the room where a blank canvas stood.

I looked around the room. The darkness seemed to hide everything else. However there didn't appear to be any paint by the blank canvas.

Perhaps he had only stepped in briefly.

Sucking in a deep breath I opened up the door enough for me to slip in.

I left the door open a bit and ever so slowly walked toward the canvas.

I envied anyone who could paint. Some people could really make some beautiful pieces. Maybe painting was something I'd pick up. After all I definitely had the time now that I was staying here.