[🌊]

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

Time had passed slowly.

Childe had decided we would wait at least a few hours. So far that meant we had one or so hours left of waiting.

He had tried to make light conversation with Lumine and Paimon. I on the other hand had stayed mostly out of it.

There wasn't much I could say after all. Most of the things they discussed were things I hadn't heard of before or witnessed in-game. I was beginning to feel like a third wheel well in this case fourth wheel.

I lay against the wall looking up at the ceiling.

"He really said something like that?" Paimon asked joining their conversation.

"Yes. It surprised me as well but you know how kids are." Childe said with a laugh.

I glanced down at them. Lumine was giggling and that seemed to make Childe pleased.

Childe looked over in my direction but I looked away before our eyes could meet focusing my attention back on the roof.

God was this an awkward situation to be in.

It didn't help that I felt weird around Lumine either. There was nothing wrong with her she was a good person, but the way Childe acted so relaxed put me off. I felt a bit envious of how Childe acted around her.

I shouldn't have though.

I hadn't known Childe for that long there was no reason for me to be acting like this, but my heart ached to watch them interact. In the small time I had spent with Childe, I had realized why people liked him so much. He was funny and kind. He could talk with anyone and was really easygoing.

"Hey."

I snapped my head to the side startled by the low voice.

"Heh sorry."

It was Childe.

He was sitting right beside me with a small smile on his face.

"It's fine," I replied with a sigh.

"Are you alright?" He asked concerned.

I tilted my head to look at him, "Yea I'm fine don't worry about it." I said trying to leave it be.

"You don't look alright to me. I'm sorry if you felt like you were being ignored I just got a little excited seeing a good friend of mine."

I looked over at Lumine.

Paimon was distracting her now.

"It's okay Childe. I just feel a bit weird. I don't really know them so there's not much for me to say." I replied with a chuckle.

"Well, why don't you tell me more about you." He said poking my side.

I flinched and looked back at him, "But what about--"

"She'll be alright she's got Paimon after all," Childe said with a smile.

I shook my head but gave in anyway.

"What else do you want to know? I'm not that interesting."

Childe rolled his eyes, "Don't say that. Im sure there's something you can tell me. How about friends? Did you have any in Mondstadt?"

I rose an eyebrow, "What? Do you think I have no friends?"

Childe blinked a few times.

"Wait I didn't mean it like that!" He said defending himself.

"Then what did you mean?" I asked with a laugh.

"I mean you must have friends too-- you know like ughh." Childe covered his face with his hands and I giggled again.

'You know you're so good at talking with others what went wrong with us Childe?" I asked in a teasing manner.

Childe shook his head and peeked out from his hands.

"Am I? Huh, I guess I didn't notice."

I crossed my arms, "To answer your question. Yes, I do have friends. However, they don't live in Mondstadt so there's no point in me returning there for that reason."

"Would you want to go back to Mondastad at all?"

My heart fluttered at the thought.

"Of course I do."

If I were going to be in Teyvat then I had to go to Mondstadt at some point. Even if I were stuck being a part of the fatui going around this world would just be so interesting. Not only going around and seeing things but the people too. It just feels so weird I don't really know some of the people here but it feels like I do.

"Well, we have some time to relax after this mission." Childe put his hands down and moved a bit closer.

"Do you want to go to Mondstadt after this mission with me?"

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««