Strive 5: Despair

Kibishi's POV

OW! OW, OW, OW!  That hurts, that hurts, that hurts! Those creatures just freaking broke my left arm! Argh, what the hell is this feeling?! It's like someone places fire on my whole body as I had my mouth getting ripped off very slowly!

Damn it! And just when I think I had a chance as well! I can't-!

Crack! Break!

Before I can respond to that last pain some more, I saw my actual bone bend out of place and pop up! It came out near my shoulder! The hell?! It-its dislocated! blood started to splatter everywhere! My vision is starting to be a blur...

I'm...losing focus...

" Tao..." I frown "I'm sorry. I was being reckless again..." I speak softly to Tao as she slowly shakes her head in fright and denial.

"K-Kishi..." Tao's eyes lose their light "K-k...Kishi..."

Ding!

Tao lets go of the knife while her body becomes lifeless.

"Wait...wait...what are you..?" Tao's body started to tremble.

I bet she's thinking quietly-- no... screaming inside on top of her head. Her expression said it all...It's like...she's broken...lost...gone.

The sight of me being like this made her silent. The sight of me made her freeze in place.

Grab!

"No...no no no-!" Tao says while shaking her head some more-

Crack!

"KISHI! NO!!!" She screams at the top of her lungs as she saw my whole left arm get ripped right out of me. Ha...ha, ha, ha...

Wow...I'm so pathetic...aren't I?

I couldn't even protect the one person I cherish the most...

She always relies on me for things...

And I always rely on her to give me comfort...

The more I watch her expression, the more I realize how lost she is without me. I can see her expression turning more depressed. I can see her body language saying that her mind is at its edge. 

Even now when-

Ripped!

"Argghh!" I screamed.

Gush!

"Ahh! Argghh!" I scream once more.

Thump!

"NNOOO!!! PLEASE STOP RIPPING HIM APART!!" Tao screams as tears fall down her face.  "I'LL DO ANYTHING! *hic* *hic* I'LL TAKE HIS PLACE!!!"

TEAR! CRUSH!

My lower right leg gets torn apart...

"PLEASE! IF YOU WANT TO KILL SOMEONE THEN JUST KILL ME INSTEAD!" Tao shouted.

And then...

Smash! CRASH!

my left leg gets smashed in...

my right arm gets destroyed...

Pain...so... much pain...

Why won't it stop? Why won't it end?

I look at the corner and saw Tao crying her eyes out. She looks so sad. Her sorrow can be heard from here. I can tell that this scene is killing her from the inside.