Strive 29: Broken Minds, Innocent Souls

Tao's Pov

Bam!

Thud!

I get slammed on the wall. I slide my back on it while trying to gasp for air. "N-ngh!!" I slowly stand up "W-weakness...! I need to hit its weakness! It's the only option we have left!"

"It's hard to hit it on its back!" Kuma frowns "Even if in our positive form, we can't maintain it due to how tired we are to hold it in!"

"But last time it worked, right?!" I said in anger "We have to transform again! We have to...!"

Stab!

"U-urgh!" I got stabbed once more and I felt my skin getting stabbed through! It's not deep but still-!

Leap!

I jump back and panted. My legs started to shake out of how tired I am. "No...I need to...!" I look at Kuma "K-Kuma! Give me more! I'm losing power!" I shouted. "Hell no! I give you enough to stand back up! Any more and you'll die!" Kuma says while having a serious expression. "But I need it! Please, Kuma!" I say out of desperation. 

Slam!

The monster slam its claw into the ground and made Kuma and I separated.  I landed on the other side, holding my chest "*Pant* *pant* I need more power...I need more!" my eyes glowed "I need it! I need it!" 

"Tao, calm down! If you keep stressing to gain power, you'll turn!" Kuma warns me.

"MORE POWER!" I suddenly felt myself getting stronger. I stand up and started to run towards the monster. "Rooaarr!!!" It roars at me and raises its claws. 

Slash!

I dodge it and spin midair "MORE POWER!" I shouted.

Clash!

I clash with the monster and jump back as it held my weapon "RRRGGGHHH!!!!!!" I scream.

Slam!

I stomp on my weapon hard and cause it to stab its left eye. "Roooaaarrr!!!!!" it screams in pain. I slowly wobble back and forth "More...more..." I whisper while walking as I wobble from side to side "More...power...Kishi...I must...protect...!"

"Tao?!" Kuma sweats "She lost it! The lust for power is getting to her!" 

"More...protect...! I must...protect! More...MORE POWER!!!!" I scream as I rush in once more. 

Leap!

I leap in front of it and grab my weapon "Die...die...DIE!!!!"! I started to dig into its eyes "DIEEEEE!!!!" 

"Roar!!!!" It screams once more.

"I need to...return to him! I have...to be there...! You overgrown creature!!!!" I shouted. 

More...MORE POWER! I NEED TO PROTECT! YES! I NEED TO PROTECT! I'LL KILL IT! I HAVE TO KILL IT! IT'S A THREAT TO HIM! I HAVE TO KILL ANYONE WHO STANDS IN THE WAY! PROTECT! I NEED TO PROTECT HIM! HAHA...AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

My eyes turn crazy as I smile "Haha...AHAHAHA!!! KILL! KILL!!!!!" 

Whoossshhh!!!!!

I felt my vision getting blurry. But I don't care, I need to kill this piece of shit right now! It's on my way! I want to go back! I have to go back! Ahaha...ahahaha! "I'll kill you...I'll burst your head open and eat your insides! Ahaha...AHAHAHA!" 

Slash! Slash! Slash! Slash!

I did 50 slashes in a matter of seconds. Yes...YES! This...this is power! I need this power! I can protect him! I can see his smile! Nothing matters at this point! I need to kill it! I will kill it! I need to find him! I need to embrace him! I! Need! To! Kill! Everything!