Strive 55: To The Meeting #3

Kibishi's POV

"Alright, everyone, tonight we will explore the upper tunnel and its area. I'm not sure it has a monster in there, but just in case it does, be alert. This is new territory, and it might be dangerous to go without any preparation." The Founder explains.

"Hold on a second," Tao raises her right hand with a calm expression. "Since we're on the topic of any leads to danger, I want you all to be honest with me about something." 

"What is it?" Kibun asked.

"Funny that you ask, Kibun. It is related to you and Kuma. Tell me, what are "The Devil's Body Parts"? Is it just a name of a power monster, or are there body parts that belong to the devil?" Tao asked.

"What?! When did you hear that?!" The Founder panics.

"We overheard it from the wall of my room," I answered.

"The devil's body parts. No one had heard about this in two years since the event that killed many lives and separated the original supernatural team." Ashley says with a frown. "It's still alive?! I thought that it was dead?!" Mark panics.

"Calm down, everyone. I know that the attack traumatizes many people. Man, women, and even children were slaughtered during the event, which caused major damage to the city. None of us was prepared for that attack." The Founder explains. "What do we do if they attack us again?! We'll be killed for sure!" Ashely says while shaking like crazy. 

"Ashely..." I whispered.

"Bro, I don't want that thing to come back! It killed my family and friends, man! I don't want ot go back!" Mark held his head with tears in his eyes.

"Are we going to die?!" Ashely started to tear up as well. 

"Calm down, you two! You're not going to die!" Kibun shouted in frustration. He sighs deeply and looks at Tao. "Listen, you two. No time to bring that up. I'm sure you two have your reasons, but as you can see here, that event leaves all of us with scars..." 

"I'm sorry..." We both say with frowns on our faces.

"No, no, it's fine. You're right to question something that sounds suspicious." Kibun raises his left brow. "Still, though, how the fuck did you two manage to hear me? I made it so that you hear through them. Did someone mess with our system or something? I check it before talking to Akuma; goddamn it!" 

"Same with my clock..." I said.

"Same goes for my missing toolbox..." Mark said.

"And with me with my missing file of the monster you guys fought," Ashely said.

"And me with my file of the history of the event that leads to this disaster of our situation. It's like someone broke in without anyone looking and messed with our stuff." The Founder complains.

"Hmm..." Tao stares at The Founder with a calm expression.

"What is it?" The Founder asked.

"Nothing..." Tao says while holding my right hand in secret, "I was just spacing out, is all. Forget about my question for now and continue with the meeting, everyone."

Tao is...shaking. 

Tao, are you alright? What's with the hand-holding? I wanted to let go to ask what was wrong, but Tao resisted and held me tightly. It's not like I wanted to let go for long, but she doesn't want me to let go.

"Is something wrong, Kibi?" Kuma asked.

"Ah, nothing! I get goosebumps from the cold ac, is all!" I lied to her. Yeah, I don't want to lie to her, but I don't want anyone to see that Tao is a bit scared for some reason.