Strive 38: More Questions, Little Answers...

Kibishi's POV

"Huh?!" I widened my eyes when I saw a figure running towards me. I then...I saw her...

The person who meant a lot to me...

That person...was Tao...

Step! Step! Step!

"KISHI!!!" Tao screams in fright.

"Tao?!" I said.

Leap! Roll!

She embraced me tightly, rolling away from the massive blast that could've killed me. We both roll and roll, rolling around the floor.  Once we stopped moving, Tao was on my stomach, and we looked at the blast more.

Crash!!!

The blast destroyed a tall building. It melted it. Turning it into ash. I didn't know that monster had so much power?! Once the building turned to ash, I was smoking appear from once the building was.

I heard...panting. I heard breathing over me.so I looked forward and saw Tao...with tears in her eyes. She turns back to normal at that note.

"Stupid...STUPID! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! YOU WANT ME TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK?!" Tao says while having a sad expression. 

Rest!

Tao was lying on my body, crying, "I GOT FREED, BUT ONLY BECAUSE I PANIC! DON'T MAKE ME AFRAID AGAIN! WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS?!"

"Tao..." I sigh. "I wrap my arms around her body. "Thanks again for saving me. I wasn't thinking clearly. I... I just snapped when I saw you guys in danger."

Tao slowly sat on top of me again. "I-it's fine. We manage to escape thanks to that. The monster loosened his grip the minute he saw you. *blush* Kishi...I can't believe you did that for us. For me..."

"Of course!" I smiled. "Best friend until the end, remember?"

Clash! Clash!

I sat up and panicked. "Oh, crap! Kuma and Kujira!"

Kuma and Kujira were back to normal as well. They both were panting heavily. Kuma slowly smiles at us "*pant* *pant* Thank you, Kibi! Thanks to you, I manage to get these two to get the ejection! Only for 5 minutes, though! After that, we're sitting ducks!"

"My energy is nearly finished. Tao, Kum, let's make one last attack! I'll be useless after this chant!" Kujira says while smiling nervously.

"Right! Tao, let's do this! I know you're worried about Kibi, but..." Kuma says while frowning.

"No, it's okay. I'll make him regret aiming for Kishi. I swear it!" Tao says while sounding a bit angry.

Dash!

The monster is heading towards us!

"I'll get him!" I shouted while aiming my weapon. This made the monster stops and jumps back in fear.

Kujira wide her eyes. "What is...?" she narrows her eyes. "Well, thanks for making things easier for me! Tao, Kuma, now!"

Dash! Dash!

Kuma and Tao dash toward the monster and-

Slam!

They both slam their weapons into the stomach! They both were pushing the monster with all of their remaining strength.

Slammm!!!

"RRAAAHHHH" They both were screaming with all of their might.

I nodded to myself and turned on the megaphone. "(If I remember correctly, he's afraid of my heart. Maybe my heart is something he doesn't like. What if I set it to 100%? Maybe then, it'll stagger him or something! Maybe. Only one way to find out!) Kujira, I'll cover you..." I whispered.