Strive 62: I'd Rather Be Weak Than Cold

Kibishi's POV

Emptiness...

I was in the middle of darkness...

No matter how hard I tried, no one was there with me. I frown.

"What is this place?" I asked.

"Kibishi." A threatening voice spoke my name. I was frightened and looked around once more. "W-who's there?!" I asked.

Suddenly,

A dark cloak appears before me. I jump back. "What the?!"

"Kibishi. Why haven't you listened to your heart? Why must you do things on your own? Your heart is the weapon. Why must you reject it sometimes?" The cloak asks me.

"I don't get it, but..." I shake my head. "No, wait! You must be an illusion! Trying to drive me insane, right?!" I shouted at the figure.

"..." The figure became silent.

"Trying to say that I should kill Tao just because she seems like a creature! Even if that's the case, I will NEVER kill her! She's the most important person in the world to me! Nothing in this world will force me to harm her!" I say while swiping the air in anger.

"All because of your emotion for her. It's clouding your judgment and lead you and your friends to deadly situations. I tried to warn you occasionally, but you never listen." The cloak said.

"When?! We only met just now!" I said.

"Haven't you heard my voice from before?" The cloak said.

"What?" I narrow my eyes.

"Seems like you have grown hatred for me. Not surprising since you saw something very heartaching to you." The cloak raises its hand- huh?! It's...bones?

"You'll never understand if you keep denying my warnings, young reaper. Your method of helping can do so little. If you wield a weapon, you can help your friends more than ever. Alas, you would rather gamble your life and only use one method. Your days are numbered, and that girl will be your downfall. Leave her, Kibishi. She's not worth it." The cloak states.

"NO WAY! I WILL NEVER LISTEN TO YOU! YOU'RE JUST MESSING WITH ME! I COULD NEVER LEAVE TAO! SHE'S MY BEST FRIEND! SHE'S THE REASON I'M STEPPING UP AND NOT CRYING ALL THE TIME! WITHOUT HER, I BEEN-!"

"Worthless? Useless? All of those things are only on the surface level. You don't need her at all. That is the truth. It's how you feel." The cloak said.

"How I feel-?! Now I know you're just downplaying me! Tao is the main reason why I am who I am today! Her warmth, generous smile, her determination, all of it! All of those things give me courage! Without her, I...!" I lower my head. "I'd rather die! She's... All I have left. I don't want to let her go. She's no monster.  Tao has been through so much. I can't just stand here and wait for something to happen! She almost lost it, thanks to me! Why should I leave her knowing that she can't live without me? TAO NEEDS ME, AND I NEED HER!" I point at the cloak "YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT ME OR HER! YOU'RE JUST MY ILLUSION TO BRING ME DOWN!"

"..." The cloak slowly sighs. "You're wrong. I do know about you. Hence, I'm explaining this to you. All of those things you mention, you don't really mean that. You don't even know who YOU are. Unlike you, I know how you REALLY feel, Kibishi. The Grim Reaper doesn't CARE about ANYONE. That is the truth. Nothing more."

"Grr..!!" I turn around and angrily walk away. "I don't have to listen to you! I'll find a way out of here and return to Tao and the others!"

"You can't just run from it. I'm only giving you the truth. This is how you feel, Kibishi. You're not accepting it. Just like when you don't accept your heart when it comes to those you "care" about. Or pretending to care." The cloak speaks coldly.