Strive 18: A Second Chance

Kibishi's POV

We both sat down next to Akuma who was smiling from ear to ear.

"Yo, guys. You two look cute together with those uniforms! I approve!" Akuma whispers to us.

"T-thank you..." I whisper to Akuma while Tao nodded. We both were blushing at Akuma's comment.

We stop blushing and look at Mato. "Firstly, I would like to welcome Kibishi and Taogeta to the team! With them by our side, we can figure a way out of this hell hole. For years the human race was being pulled down from the surface and been slaves to these creatures. No one knows where they come from or how they were created. All we know is that they find humans interesting."

"Interesting, how?" I asked.

"Yeah, why do they find us interesting?" Tao asks with her calm expression.  Ah, there it is again. She wants to know that badly. Honestly, same.

"Because of humanity's sin." Mato coldly remark.

"Sin?" I widen my eyes in shock.

"That's right. Humans are a group of race who does sin. Of course, not all of them do but- I doubt that doesn't make those that sin a saint." Mato said.

"I see," I said.

"Course, people can have their opinion but let me be frank here," Mark started "No one gives a fuck if it means suffering for their lives. Like for example, someone could say "Not all humans are sinners. So your statement isn't valid.", but let's face it, the stuff we do was pretty messed up. And those same people ONLY see the surface of things. They don't really understand anything at all. Just going by their viewpoint."

"It's true, if you don't know the business then it would seem like my statement from before is very doubtful," Mato said.

"Humans are a mixture of many things. We have different opinions and ways to express ourselves. It's why we have our favorite color and so forth." Kibun add-in.

"And due to our differences, humans can't really see "eye to eye" since no one can truly understand each other 100% unless you were in that situation," Mato says while putting his hand together.

"Eye to eye...but..." I frown "Can't we all just get along? I mean- because of that, we-"

"Humans aren't that simple-minded, Kibishi. We have different opinions and will stick with it. No matter how much you try, if a human makes up their mind then they won't change it. I don't care what people say, that's how we operate."  Kibun said.

"Then...! Are we supposed to just accept that and just leave things like that?! Can't we all just get along?!" I said.

"Kibi, humans are strange creatures. I agree with you but...not many will. You see, that's how you view it. But someone like me...I don't see it the same way as you do. Humans are just...strange. We can't agree with everything. That's how we are. So yeah, I agree, but at the same time, I can see why many people don't." Akuma says while sadly looking at the table.

"That's...what makes us human, I guessed..." Akuma says while giving a weak smile.

"....No..." I frown.

Why.

Why can't we all get along?

"This is the start of the sin. And before anyone wants to bring it up, no matter what you say, it is a sin. Things like lust and anger. We all have that inside of us. And for arguing sake, let's say it's not enough to prove that it's a sin. That doesn't matter for the creatures." Mato said.