Strive 65: Detecting The Traps

Kibishi's POV

Step! Step! Step!

We all were walking towards a broken-down church that had seen better days. I looked around and saw dead trees everywhere. Dead bodies, as well. Ugh! I can never get used to it.

"Here it is," Tao says with a calm expression.

"The Chruch. I wonder if we'll have a clue or something?" I wonder with a curious expression.

"Only one way to find out, right?" Jir says with a curiosity. "Jir's right. We have to go in and find out ourselves." Kuma says with a serious expression. "Right," I nodded.

Step!

"Hmm?" I looked at my right foot, and I saw a small note underneath it. I grab it and dust it off. "What's this? Another note?" I asked.

"Hmm?" Tao came closer to me. "Another note?" she asked.

"Beware of the area of the holy church. There are traps in the place. If only you can detect the traps."

"There are traps inside of the church," I said.

"I see. So we have to be on guard and watch our step inside." Kuma says while placing her hands behind her head, "But how can we tell where the traps are? We don't have a detector." Kuma said.

"Yeah..." I blinked.

Hmm...

.

..

...

....

.....

.......

......Wait!

"Guys, what if I use my heart to detect the traps? It could work!" I smiled.

"But don't it only detect those with hearts?" Tao asks with a curious expression. "You're right. But there are no other options right now. It's worth the try." I said.

....Right. Let's listen...

.

..

...

....

........

.................

..............................

.........................................

.....It's not working.

"Strange. I heard them before. Maybe because of a creature." I frown.

There's got to be a way to detect these traps. If the heart can send me wave-like messages, then-

"What if I...?!" I raise my brows.

"Kishi?" My friend had a shocked expression.

"Tao! You're smart, right?!" I ask with a small smile. "I would like to think that, yeah," Tao says, sounding conflicted. "Haha, of course, you are, Tao! Stop downplaying yourself! Anyway, I have a question. Does the air make a type of sound?" I asked.

"Um...yeah, it does. But- not always your ear will catch it unless it's solid." Tao said.

"So if the wind can make a sound, then it generally a make sound wave! It'll be faint, but that's something to work with!" I smile brightly. "And since these traps will most likely be hidden-"

"Chances are that a drift will be heard!" Tao smiles brightly. "That's a great idea, Kishi!"

"But that's difficult since it's not windy today, Kib. You'll stretch your ears to hear a small drift inside the church there." Jir says with a curious expression. "I think I know where Kishi is going with this, Jir." Tao raises her index finger. "Air can go through things such as objects. The more powerful the wind is, the easier it is to track it. The less the wind is, the more difficult it is to hear it. But we know the wind is air that's getting blown. So, in theory, if Kishi can get a hint of air hitting a trap, he can track that sound wave down. Even if it'll be faint, after all, air is all around us. And sometimes, it makes a sound when it hits something or- move something."