Epilogue

Kibishi's POV

We all were gathered around the table. From the regular staff to the ones who work from each department. Wow, there's a lot more people than I thought. And from the look of things, we have balloons, ribbons, cloth, party plates, and music playing in the background.

I looked to my left and saw Ashley and Mark talking with one another with bright smiles. Man, look at them go! I can tell that those two are very close!

I looked to my left and saw Kibun and Mato talking to each other as well. 

I look at the center and see The Founder and some scientists discussing important things. They do look happy, though. I look at my "pancakes"- it's what Kuma called it- and smile brightly. 

"For goodness sake, Kum. Try not to overwork yourself, okay? Kibun might've said it's not that great, but it's amazing, in my opinion. Besides, Kibun is probably trying to make you improve." Jir says while eating her pancake with a fork. "Mm..." Kuma smiles, but- her heart is sad and a bit broken. Kuma is now playing with her pancake. "He says that I overcook it by 1 degree...man..."

 "Kuma..." I whispered.

Stand!

"U-um! May I have everyone's attention, please!" I say while standing up with a slight blush. Everyone started to stare at me. The music gets lowered by one of the staff.

"U-uh..." I scratch the back of my neck and laugh nervously. "I just want to celebrate our first victory and find a path to the future!" I say while raising my glass of juice. "Yeah!" Everyone does the same and then laughs all together. "Is...what I want to say but..." I frown. "I don't want to be dishonest. *Sighs* Everyone, thank you for all of your help. Without you, none of us would have hope. And I also want to thank Kuma for preparing this delicious for all of us to enjoy."

I turn around to Kuma. "Kuma, if you weren't there to stop Tao from being reckless, then who knows what would've happened to her? If you didn't reattach my body parts, who knows how Tao would react later? If you hadn't calmed any of us down, who knows what would've happened? My point is it's okay to fail. It's okay to make mistakes. And it's certainly okay to be sad.". I smile. "But just know that despite some people disliking your cooking, others love them. Myself included. So, what do you say, Kuma?" I bring the glass in Kuma's direction since she's not sitting far away. "Will you clash and celebrate our victory? A step towards a bright future where everyone smiles and is together. A future where all of us can laugh and have fun. A future where we all can enjoy our time and live life to the fullest."

"Kibi..." Kuma whispers.

"If you're sad, then let me know. Let US know, okay? We're all here for you. After all, we're all humans trying to survive this dark world." I said.

"Heh," Jir began to laugh and raised her glass again. "TO HUMANITY!"

"TO HUMANITY!" Tao raises her glass as well.

"TO HUMANITY!" Ashely does the same thing. "TO HUMANITY!" Mark joins. "TO HUMANITY!" Mato follows. "HUMANITY!" The Founder joins in with all of us. "TO HUMANITY!!!!" All of the others joined us in the celebration except Kibun. Kibun looks serious while staring at Kuma. Kuma watches back with a frown look. Kibun deeply sighs and raises his glass with a smile and a laugh. "Ah, what the heck. Just this once, I'll join the fun. To humanity and my daughter's cooking! Even though it's not perfect, it's perfect enough because this is how she wants to cook it, and this is who she is. I'm a cold son of a bitch, but I'm a father first and foremost. With that being said, I'm proud of you, Kuma. I really am. Cheers."

"*Gasps*" Kuma's eyes widen in shock. Not long before, she gives an honest and kind smile, "Dad...". Kuma began tearing up while trying to contain her deep and powerful emotion. I don't know what it's called, but- it's an emotion that Kuma wanted to see for a long time. By Kibun's kind words, It melts her heart.