Barcelona.

A\N: Quick guide to this story...due to me not wanting to translate back and forth etc

Common phrases may appear in Spanish but anything spoken in spanish will be put in parentheses (...)

French will be put in Brackets [...]

Enjoy the story!!

It'll have all of the characters in the # and more
_________________________

Lucy's POV

"Buenas noches mi amiga." Mapi opened the door for me as I joined everyone else in her backyard.

"I don't get it. We got rid of five players for two major contracts coming, but nothings been released or confirmed. We just signed Ona what else could Barca want at the moment?" Kiera sat back down in her chair as we all finally arrived at Mapi's house.

"You didn't hear about Real Madrid's new signings? They booked Endler as their new keeper. She's pretty solid. It'll be harder to score."

"Okay but a keeper doesn't change everything?"

"(They signed Miedema as a forward...and Caitlin Foord signed in Midfield...and one more blow to Arsenal is Leah Williamson as a back. I'm not sure that will be the only transfers they kept their strongest players and they've definitely opened a budget. I think that's why coach is trying to do the same.)" Mapi theorized as Ingrid sat down next to her.

"(Esmee, Bruna, Panos, Torrejón, Oshoala, Pina all got traded. We're possibly pulling to youth players as well. I'm not sure what's happening but shit is about to go down.)" Mapi laughed as she took a drink.

"Well let's try to guess. We signed Batlle. We don't need any new defenders. Irene, Mapi, Ona, Ana, and I are a stacked group." I added and Mapi laughed a little, but tried to hide it.

"(Aren't you getting old or something Bronze maybe coach is getting ready to send you too?)" Mapi snickered and I rolled my eyes. Ona was really good at her position...it happened to be my position.

"Yeah right. I'm just experienced. If I had to guess they're pulling in some new midfielders." I shot back but of course this sparked Aitana's attention.

"Wait what? Why would they be looking into midfielders?! I feel like our midfield is perfect?"

"They got rid of Esmee and Patri...Lucy may have a point." Alexia actually agreed with me.

"Maybe one forward one midfielder. Because its two big time players. Whoa I heard Kerr might be looking for a new contract and that's a price tag, you know?" Aitana mentioned but I didn't agree.

"(Ona could know since she was speaking to them for the transfer window?)" Mapi told us and half asked Aitana since Ona and her have been close friends for a portion of their life.

After the world cup I've gained a good amount of respect for the new outside back. I will be honest I feel slightly threatened in my position though. I am getting older its not something I can avoid right now, but maybe I just have to accept that. I think I have one more World Cup left in me. Maybe it'll be the one.

I've had the Spanish number two in my head for a few reasons. She's just seemed to occupy my thoughts in down time recently but I can't pinpoint the reasoning behind that.

"(Lucy how would you feel about playing center)?"

"No." I shook my head and started laughing. Mapi can try but I'm staying in my fullback position.

"(I'm just saying you might have a bit more job security if you move from the right back spot...)"

"Okay Ona is good but calm down. I'm sure the coach will work something out." I rolled my eyes and Kiera just quietly laughed.

"What country do you think these superstars play for?" Aitana tried to change the subject.

"Probably Europe." Ingrid shrugged with her generic and broad answer.

"(Well yeah no shit.)" Mapi shook her head at her girlfriend. "What if they're from North or South America. A Brazilian perhaps?"

"What Marta is about to come play here? Yeah right. Not gonna happen." Alexia laughed.

"We literally have the best performing women's world cup players on our team. I just don't see who would come in especially from the Americas. None of those teams compared in this last World Cup." Alexia and Mapi began bickering back and forth about the quality of the United States players right now specifically. As she mentioned the best players were injured before the World Cup.

"Two players...I don't see why we would sign two Americans. Besides they don't often have more than one of their national team players sign overseas. They usually play in France or England as well. I just can't rationalize it being an American or two. Besides post world cup why would they sign any of them?" Aitana had a good argument.

"We'll find out this next week." I mean practice starts in three days does it not? How do we not even know yet?

"I think we should call it a night. I'm excited for the new season ladies!" I smiled as I got up and hugged everyone whilst saying goodbyes.

"Hey..."

"Yea...I guess we should talk before getting back to the team." I rocked back onto my heels as Kiera followed me to my car.

"I know we're not together, but we're good right? We really need to be good in order for the team to be successful you know?"

I nodded my head agreeing. The World Cup was a hard blow on our relationship and then after Ona and I were talking Kiera just got jealous or something. We split at the end but we could just be on a break. We haven't talked anything over yet. It was just an unfortunate situation.

"We'll be fine Kie. I promise."

"Okay...yeah I guess I will catch you around then...see ya Monday."

"Kie?"

"Yeah Lucy?"

"You know I don't like her right?"

"I'm trying to convince myself of that, but things aren't going to be any easier with her being on the team now."

"We have to act right though...we just said that for the teams sake."

"Goodnight Lucy." I sighed watching her walk away. I couldn't stand what was happening between us right now.

I just need this new season to start. Aitana will keep Ona busy most of the time. Maybe we really will blow over all of this and Kiera will come back to me, but for now I have a lot of waiting out to do.

A\N: Wonze 🙃

Find out the new players next chapter✨
This story will be filled with love triangles🥰