Julie's Goodbye

Blake's POV

"Surprise." I spoke calmly as we walked into the locker room. We weren't playing for the national team friendlies but we came to attend Julie's farewell match. She was a huge inspiration to Blair. They always worked closely together on and off the field.

"TWINS!" Kelley jumped up and landed in Blair's arms. I laughed as Alex pulled me in for a hug. Blair walked over to Julie and gave her a hug. She was so sad to the see the defender turn midfielder to leave.

Julie lead Blair outside of the locker room so she could probably give her one last speech. When Blair was younger and so self conscious and scared Julie helped her. Julie and Kelley actually. The two of them created a monster on the field. Without their help she probably would not be as good as she became.

Julie is the one who trained her to keep out all of the noise. When Julie moved up to midfield she became an even bigger influence to Blair. 2017 was the best year for the duo. Julie got U.S. best player of the year but it was such a year of improvement for Blair as well.

Julie always had Blair's back on the field. She was bigger than to us than any other person on this team. Julie was Blair's hero.

"She's been hiding it but I think she's pretty torn up over Julie's retirement."

"Figured as much."

"I feel bad for Blair."

"Because Julie's leaving?"

"Yeah. That's Blair's biggest influence on this team...I'm not a big fan of her new mentor." I rolled my eyes. By the look on Alex's face she knew exactly who I was referring to.

Alexia "puta" Putellas, or atleast that's what I call her.

I loathed hearing her (actual) name out of Blair's mouth. I was so tired of their connection. I was so tired of Blair having good people lose her because she was too busy being pulled away by the toxic ones.

"Who Alexia?"

"Alexia Putellas has been a royal pain."

"What's so bad about her?"

"Don't get me started. Everyone drop it."

I watched as Blair and Julie walked in. Blair had obviously been crying. Like I said she didn't want to show it but I knew she would eventually crumble.

The team didn't have much time to talk to us before leaving to take the field. Luckily because it was just a friendly Blair and I were allowed to sit in the team bench section.

Blair waved at the fans and took her seat. I know it made her a little sad to not be allowed to play for this game but due to her wrist she had to take a break. We needed to be ready for the Championships League.

"You could have told be about how upset you were...I didn't know you were this devastated to not be able to play today."

"I'm don't care about playing today. We're going to the Olympics without Julie. I always have Julie by my side."

"You'll be okay."

She nodded as we watched the game. Julie didn't play long honestly. She was subbed out after 35 minutes. Blair stood holding her in a hug when she arrived at the bench. The two of them talked for the rest of the game. I talked to Mallory for the whole game.

Mallory wasn't back with the national team yet. Honestly she's not back to full form just quite yet which is another reason her Barcelona career was only mediocre. If Spain got pre-world cup Mallory she would have been placed as the Liga F MVP but we can probably guess who received that title.

I love my sister, don't get me wrong. The hype around her just annoyed me sometimes. I questioned whether she deserved everything she's ever won. She just tends to play slightly better than me and she's seen as the 'straight one' and from there she's always had more.

Blair Laid: two time World Cup champion, United States player of the year, Espy Female Athlete of the Year, The Best Fifa Women's Player, 2015 World Cup Best Young Player award, Nwsl MVP, Concacaf women's champion, Shebelieves Cup Winner, Shebelieves golden ball, Fifa Best 11, and plenty of more but I was tired of thinking about all of it.

Blair was just Blair. She pushed herself past her limits and sure she won all of those things because her hard work but she was so unhappy until now. Now she's in peak form while having an amazing girlfriend. Ona is so sweet and perfect and I feel like Blair treats her so bad. She hasn't paid any attention to her once we left Spain.

She still has feelings for Alexia and definitely entertains Alexia's feelings for her. I hated the situation that happened between them but I assumed they moved on. I'm so pissed off that they haven't and Blair got Ona involved with her when she's still caught up on the captain.

"You seem mad." Mallory leaned over and whispered to me.

"I'm kind of pissed at Blair."

"What about?"

"Her and Alexia. Literally infuriates me to see the two together. She doesn't deserve Ona sometimes. I'm possibly wrong. I could be wrong maybe Alexia still likes her but Blair moved on." I told her trying to drop it.

"Don't let Blair cheat on Ona. She's too sweet for that." Mallory whispered back and I nodded. Ona Batlle was so sweet and pretty.

Batlle deserved better. I debate sometimes whether I made the wrong decision or not. I knew she liked me. Both Ona and Aitana were all over me the first week we had training. Obviously I was quick to chose Aitana. Maybe I should have chosen Ona. Atleast I know she would be treated right. Because now she's stuck dealing with Blair.

Blair always takes advantage of what she has. I hated that about her.

A\N: sorry short chapter :)