New Deals

Aitana's POV

"ONA!" I jumped into my bestfriend's arms as she walked onto the field. I was so happy to see her. We were back home together.

After winning the World Cup with Ona I missed playing with her so much. Ona is such a sweet person. Her smile lights up the room. She's an amazing player. Everything about her just seemed golden right now.

I just have to control all of those resurfacing feelings away. I never told her back then and I'd rather not tell her now either. It would just mess everything up. Ona doesn't seem interested in me ever like that. She's always going to see me as just a friend.

"(I missed playing with you so much.)" Ona pulled me in even tighter before letting go and kissing my forehead.

"Hola Ona." Mapi came up and gave her a quick hug.

"They signed the last two roster spots did you see? I was reading an article about some three million dollar deal Barca just made between two players." Mapi and I stared in shock.

"Oh shit." As Lucy was walking up to us she froze. Coach walked onto the field with two players none of us expected to see. The Laid twins.

America has plenty of star players but they're constantly injured. Two of the best but most fragile players are the Laid twins. Blake and Blair Laid. We spent three million dollars on possible the best midfield and forward duo in the world.

We just gave a ton of money to people who don't even need it though. They call them the million dollar babies. Something to do with their father and their popularity. They're the most popular faces in women's soccer there's no doubt about that. I just never would have guessed that's who we signed. It all makes sense on why they dropped so many players.

They're always targeted on the fields. The reason they missed the World Cup was the same as Mallory Pugh. They all got taken out leading up to it. Those three were in PERFECT FORM.

"We signed the Laid twins..." Lucy mumbled out the words. They were her worst nightmare in the 2019 World Cup. They won the 2015 World Cup at 18. FRESHLY 18 years old. Then the 2019 World Cup at 22. Now they're 26 and they've still yet to slow down that is when they're healthy. I mean obviously they're only a year older than me but definitely more experienced.

"They are American, are they not?" Ona looked at us confused and we nodded. Ona never got the chance to play them yet. She's heard of them but never experienced their play style.

"Oh this is going to be a fun season!" Ingrid smiled big as she walked past to go greet them.

Everyone knows that only one of them is nice, but I couldn't tell you which one. The thing is they're identical twins. They're identically hot too. No one would deny that they're truly attractive. God I need to dial it back a bit today.

"Well this should make you happy." Kiera made a snide comment to Lucy as she walked away.

"So you two...?"

"Yeah done for now." Lucy huffed out exhausted over the situation. I know that she got jealous of Ona, but I don't know what else led to the break up.

"(Aitana...doesn't one of them play specifically right mid...?)" I quickly turned to look at Alexia as a bit of terror rose to my face.

"(You'll be okay.)" Ona assured me as I walked towards the coaches.

"Aitana. This is Blake and Blair Laid. You have played them before in a few national team games. I figured you wouldn't mind showing them around the facility as everyone else starts training." I stood in shock before forcing myself to nodd and gesture for them to follow me.

"Its nice to meet you on a more friendly term. I'm Blake and that's Blair by the way, but I know it'll take awhile to figure out the differences."

"Yeah it'll definitely take a second-umm have you ever been to the facility before?" She shook her head silently as she began looking around.

"I know this is shocking-our arrival to the team, but I really hope that we can play well together and all have a great season. Any insight to get off on a good foot with the team?" Blake continued to talk as Blair walked around silent.

"We could all hangout tonight maybe? I think it would be a great first team bonding experience. I know coach wasn't planning on you practicing today so I suppose unpack and welcome to Barcelona. I'm excited to play with the two of you." Blake gave me a small hug as Blair just had a small smirk on her face from the last sentence.

I jogged back out onto the field. I just wanted to be back with people I felt comfortable around. I get that coach asked me to help them in because I just won the World Cup and the UEFA POTY but it was uncomfortable.

"(How'd it go?)" Alexia, who would have probably been a better guide, asked me as I returned to the field. She's a lot more respected probably.

"(I'm younger than them and I just feel like they were not impressed by me I don't know. Even know they lost this last World Cup all of the Americans just intimidate me in a way.)"

"(Funny thing is Blake is a really nice person...sorta I'll get into that later okay?)" Alexia was next in line for the drill so she ran away after that sentence.

~~~~~~~~~

"(So I told them that we would maybe host a team dinner or hangout tonight. What's the possibility that can be a true statement?)" I asked Alexia at the end of practice.

"OKAY LISTEN UP. Everyone come over to my place at 6 for some drinks so we can meet the new players and kick the season off." Alexia shouted surprisingly in English but then it clicked in my head. The twins probably don't speak fluent spanish. Atleast I've never heard them say a word of it.

"Aye aye captain." Ingrid and Mapi saluted her as they passed by laughing. Those two are so cute.

Alright now to get ready for tonight.