TEAM

Mapi's POV

"(God please let this be a normal practice.)" I walked into the locker room with Ingrid by my side.

Aitana, Ona, Blake, Patri, Rolfo, and Jana were already changed and chilling. We had our first game tomorrow so nothing would be too crazy today. After three days ago we canceled practice, but we're going to be ready.

"Hey Mapi." Ona waved at me when she saw me staring. "(Hey...any word?)"

"They talked things over again...I think everything is fine. Also thank fucking god Blair broke up with João. I'm so glad." Blake exclaimed and I smiled.

It seems that Blake and Blair don't get too into each others life choices. I mean being identical twins I expected them to be like that.

"(Good morning.)" Alexia walked in with a smile and some of us looked at her waiting for an explanation.

"Yeah no I get that." Lucy, Kiera, and Blair walked in talking like normal.

"Hey listen up. I just want to apologize for practice a few days ago. As your captain I never should have acted that way or let personal matters get in the way of the teams success. That being said I'd like it if we let the situation rest and leave it be."

"Yes ma'am." Lucy clapped and we had a team huddle in the locker room. Blair stood opposite to Alexia. She wrapped her arm around Ona and Lucy as we all turned our attention to Alexia.

"(Tomorrow is the first game day ladies. Real Madrid is our biggest rival this reason. We all know that its a much bigger challenge than ever before. Rather than fear that let's appreciate the league growing to a more competitive better place to play. For all the returning players to this team remember how much we love it. For our new players I hope you enjoy it. We're a team and we've got your back on that field.) VAMOS BARCA."

"VAMOS BARCA." The team clapped and headed out to the field. I grabbed Alexia's arm as everyone exited to the field.

"(I text you. Everything is okay now I take it? Not to get onto you but Alexia what the hell was that the other day? Every single one of these girls see you as their hero. You started that fight. You just make sure your feelings don't get in the way of the team.)"

"(Everything is solved.)"

"(Good, let's go superstar.)"

I smiled as things finally seemed to go back to normal around here. When we were all out on the field coach picked teams and ran through a few scenarios before the game tomorrow.

Blair and Ale were on fire. I'm so glad they talked because I know the two would make an amazing team. She was a really good player. Duh Barca doesn't sign nobodies. The twins were brought here on a huge contract that apparently put coach on a bit of a financial strain.

That being said he had so many top players on one single team. The twins contract has an interesting clause to it though. For every game we do lose they lose money. Not sure how that will affect them. They're rich so not sure why they pay them so much to begin with.

"(Yes ladies. Amazing! Mapi, Alexia, Blair come talk to me.)" Jonatan called us over happy.

"I'm not sure what happened between the two of you the other day but I am glad to see everything was worked out and I'm very pleased with your performance today. Alexia, Mapi wrap things up by talking to the girls about the game tomorrow then have everyone stretch out and hit the ice baths." Coach gave both me and Blair a shoulder squeeze as he walked away.

"(Alright ladies gather around.)"

"Alexia english don't forget." Ingrid reminded her

"And you yelled at me originally." I laughed as the twins, Alexia, and Aitana exchanged a look.

"(YOU MOTHERFUCKERS SPEAK SPANISH!)" I shoved Alexia's arm as the four of them burst out laughing.

"Wait none of you knew? The twins are fluent in like 7 languages. Its that rich people education." Lucy teased them and they both turned red.

"(Alright alright listen up. This offseason has had so many changes that weren't easy for all of you. Some of you flew half way across the world to come play for this amazing team and faked not knowing spanish-)."

"Mapi..." Alexia got onto me.

"(Listen ladies. I'm super excited for the season and proud of this teams effort, talent, and dedication. Now what are we going to do tomorrow?)"

"WIN." The team huddle broke and we all walked to the cool down rooms.

"(You've really known Spanish this whole time?" I walked up beside Blair and Blake. They both shrugged with an innocent smile. I mean it was an adjustment for them to come here so it's fair that we helped the transition a little bit better.

"(I'm genuinely impressed you got Alexia to speak English for as long as you did. She literally refuses most of the time.)" I laughed as she watched from a few feet ahead.

"(Blake we'll catch you inside.)"

"(Alexia?)"

"(I'm co-captain. It's not like I need to get into your business but if you ever need to talk to me about literally anything then I am here for you alright? I want you to make sure you know that even if it might not seem that I like you... but I actually think you're pretty cool.)"

"Gracias Mapi." I pulled her into a hug for a few seconds before pushing her foreward.

"(Also open your eyes to the other girl that likes you because I know good and well you see she likes you and you like her but you got caught up in Lexia.)"

"(I have to get a hold of myself. I want her to get the best version of me. She deserves that.)"

"Atta girl." I winked at her as we made it to the ice baths. Ingrid pulled me over to the same tub as her and we talked to Aitana, Ona, Jana, and Patri for the rest of the day.