Mapi Leon

Mapi's POV

"Ready for the game?"

"(I always try to be.)"

"Nervous?"

"(A little bit. Glad to have Blake and Fridolina back I suppose.)" I responded to Ingrid's questioning. She could tell I was a little tense today. We've won the champion's league twice, but my mind always goes back to the defeat against Lyon.

My heart shattered that day. Barcelona is my second love, Ingrid obviously my first.

I wish I didn't have to hate my federation. I would much rather be playing for my country as well but I can't in good faith represent those people. So I had Barca. My safe place.

Champions League is my favorite time of year. It was the best of the best. When it came to the Olympics or World Cup it seemed like there were limit's because the person had to be picked from your country but with club it's so different.

I play with Spaniards, the English, Americans, the Swedish, etc. The team is so diverse and talented. It's all these different traditional ways of playing coming together. Club soccer always interested me more.

I got the chance to play with people like Ingrid. I was so happy for that. I wouldn't have met the love of my life if Barcelona didn't bring her on board.

"I think we're going to do great today."

"(Probably so. La Reina is back in full from. Aitana has been playing amazing, your defensive work has been incredible. Blake's going to be so eager to be back. I'm not even sure why I'm worried.)"

"Nerves, they get the best of us."

"(You're rarely nervous.)"

"True. I accept what I can and cannot due. For example I can complete my passes but I cannot out run someone like Blair or Ona."

"(Hmm odd hearing their name together right now.)" Ingrid shook her head and frowned.

"Just don't let us end up like those two."

"(As if!)" I laughed and pulled her into a hug. I planted a few kisses across her face then pushed her away so I could use the bathroom.

We play the first match in group stages today. First up was Bayern Munich which in itself shouldn't be too bad. They're not the easiest team but they were not the hardest to beat either.

"Bayern Munich is going to be decently easy win. Nothing to worry about today."

"(Do you think you're starting?)"

"Depends on formation."

"(If it's a 4-4-2 you'll surely be middle right. I think that Kiera is struggling with her hamstring lately.)"

"Since when?!" She spun around and I shrugged. I know Lucy's knee was hurting her. Blake was cleared from all concussion complications and Rolfo was no longer injured either. Her knee was all healed up.

"Let's go. We have team breakfast." Ingrid grabbed my hand and held it as we made our way downstairs.

"Good morning you two!" Rolfo was beaming with joy knowing she was going to be back on the field today.

"Hey Fri! I'm so happy you get to return today!" Ingrid dropped my hand and gave the Swedish player a big hug.

"I'm so excited."

"(Bayern Munich better be ready for you.)"

"And you better be ready for them." She teased me. As a captain and a centerback I had a good amount of responsibility in more important matches like this.