America

Blair's POV

"LIFT!" David clapped his hands and shouted as I stood up then slammed the weights back to the floor. As soon as the weight bounced away I fell down to the floor exhausted.

"We're calling it for the day."

"No David I-."

"You're done." David wrapped an arm around me to pull me off the lift pad.

"You cannot push yourself too far. You are doing fine Blair. All of your tests are pointing towards your return in half the time." He passed me my Gatorade bottle before walking back over to the medical team. They were currently reading the scannings on my oxygen level, heartbeat, and any other important levels.

"You're acting like a 315 pound deadlift isn't enough. You're back Blair."

I rolled my eyes looking at my favorite national team teammate. Mallory's been by my side alot since I returned stateside. She's about to start her season, so the extra training for her wasn't a bad thing. Besides I know they're trying to hide it from me, but having Mallory also treated like a lab rat softened the blow for me. Felt less like an alien more like an athlete.

"I used to lift more."

"You weren't shot up back then."

"I know I hate it."

"You survived." Mallory smiled spraying me with her water bottle. The two of us both being highly sponsored gatorade athletes from a young age.

"Barely."

"Barely my ass! Blair most people wouldn't walk away from that and much less be working out like this months later!" Mallory laughed throwing her arms around me.

"Bullets or not I am still Blair Laid." I smiled as she held me tighter.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yes I miss you."

"You know that wasn't the question Mal!" I laughed as I leaned back in her hug.

"How do you think Blake would react to me switching teams? Barcelona wants to drop me, but then they know it'll look bad so they have this whole transition period planned. They're trying to keep me off the field. I miss Jonatan. He'd never do this to me."

I sighed frustrated by the situation. Nobody knew that I was going to be benched. Not even Alexia. For once I asked the coaches to keep everything between us. I wanted to make this decision on my own.

I had multiple reasons for this.

1. Ona is the best left back in the world right now playing for the best club, her home club.

2. Blake is holding a starting position. I cannot let her lose that.

3. If Blake tries to leave that would break Aitana's heart and maybe she'd try to move so of course Ona would try to move as well. I want them to stay home.

"They only want what's best for you Blair."

"Ona and Blake are not going to want me to leave. Ona already hated me coming here to recover, but obviously it partially worked."

"Partially my ass! You literally are back to being more athletic than most of the planet. By the start of the season you're going to be back to Balon d'Or Blair."

"What makes you think that?"

"Your current mentality? Blair. Sweetie. You're literally like superhuman. You are genetically made to be an athlete. You, David, Blake, like do you three ever look at yourselves?? Gunshots or not you are 5'8 140 pounds of pure muscle. You lift more than most girls. You run faster than literally anyone I know! B you did an untrained eleven second one hundred meter sprint. You just deadlifted 315. You were repping 265 pound squat!