REAL

Ona's POV

"Alright ladies were ten minutes out." Coach clapped from the front of the bus. We played Real Madrid today. Aka El Classico match. It was our second to last game of the season. We only had two more games before we go unbeaten.

I was sitting next to Aitana but she spent most the time looking out of the bus window. We usually talk a little bit on the bus. She has usually been sitting with Blake but Blake sat with Mallory because Blair sat with Mapi.

Mapi and Blair were close. Now that Alexia was back with Olga Rios, Blair and Alexia kept a respectful boundary. Not that sitting on a team bus would be disrespectful but when Blair needed advice or a moment alone to be calmed down Mapi dealt with her.

"(You seem scared.)" I nudged Aitana's arm.

"(Just getting focused for the game.)"

"(We beat Real at the beginning of the season we'll do it again.)"

"(They've been in peak form Ona. This isn't going to be an easy game. There's a lot riding on this game.)" She mumbled towards the end as if she was saying something she wasn't supposed to.

"(Like what?)"

"(Top of the league for starters. Coach really has been adament about everyone performing well today.)"

I nodded as I felt an odd feeling in my stomach. Maybe now I was getting nervous. I didn't realize there was a lot of risk to this game. Only a handful of people seemed nervous. Did they know something the rest of us didn't?

Real Madrid have some potent players. Undeniably they were the other best team in the league but ever since I joined this team I could sense the dominance they held on the field.

I could feel myself playing better here. I had more equipped teammates. Of course through midseason we played some younger development program players and bench players but our starting line up seemed unfair.

"(Don't overthink what I said. I'm just nervous Ona you don't need to be.)" I nodded as she pulled me into a side hug riding the rest of the way with am arm wrapped around me.

"Okay ladies. Time to focus." We all filed off the bus and walked into the locker room.

The game out sold the expectations but I think that the US players had a bit of an influence in that. We knew that it was going to be a popular game but we did not expect over eighty thousand fans to be filling the stadium.

Two hours before the game and fans were already lined up. As soon as we made it to the locker room I turned to Aitana.

"Holy shit..."

"Look ladies I know that you saw how big this game is going to be. I believe in all of you. I know I play on the best team in the world. Let's show everyone else here that." Alexia had everyone's attention.

"Real Madrid is a much bigger threat than last year. Not only that but we have the league title race pending on this game and our unbeaten season streak. Forget about all of that. I want everyone to go out and play as Barcelona plays. We are going to win this." She finished up and everyone changed into their kits.

The starting line up was the back line as Lucy, Irene, Mapi, and me. Midfield was set as Blair, Alexia, Patri, and Aitana. Blake and Mallory were set as the forwards. Coach chose a 4-4-2 for a defensive ready attack.

"Every game..." I looked over at Blair sitting in her locker with her headphones on. Yet again blocking out everything.

"If it works let her be." Aitana held back a laugh as she walked over to Patri. The two of them began discussing the different methods of play Jonatan wanted.