USA

Ona's POV

I pulled into practice and couldn't stop myself from smiling. Yesterday and well more the day before was amazing. After the whole card game I couldn't keep my mind off of Blair. The way her lips felt against my neck. The way mine felt against hers.

Everything with her just felt natural.

"(Morning.)" Aitana skipped over to my car a placed a kiss on the side of my head. Someone was happy today.

"(Good morning to you too.)"

We talked back and forth about the past few days and walked into the locker room. A few of the girls were in there already as always but something felt off.

"Hey where's Rolfo?" Aitana asked Kiera and Lucy. She was usually one of the first ones here every day. She loved coming to talk to everyone in the morning.

"(You haven't heard?)" Mapi walked in and asked us barely catching the conversation.

"Rolfo went into surgery this morning for her knee. She's going to be out for a portion of the season. Coach brought back Pina and apparently signed someone new again." Ingrid finished Mapi's thought as they set their bags down in their locker.

"Morning everyone." Blair smiled as she walked in with Blake. I smiled big at the midfielder and turned away as I felt the heat rise to my face.

"Did you hear about Rolfo?"

"Yeah I was texting her last night actually." Blake said as if we all should have known. I felt so bad for Fridolina.

"See ya out on the field." Blair squeezed my shoulder as she passed by. As soon as they were out of the locker room Aitana squealed scaring me and a few others.

"(What the hell Aitana?!)" I jumped back and she smiled. I know she was screaming because she thinks there's something going on between Blair and I.

"(You two are going to be so cute together.)"

"(Nothing is happening there Aitana.)"

"So you do like Blair?" Kiera asked me softly and I shrugged. I mean I did but I didn't want a big deal being made out of it.

"(Come on ladies hurry up.)" Alexia peeked in and walked right back out. I didn't even realize that she was already out on the field.

We all hurried out there and gathered in a circle. Pina and Patri were thrilled to be back on a team together. Everyone shushed each other's conversations when coach came out walking with a new player.

"Mallory?" Blair let a name escape out of her mouth and next thing we know is they're sprinting straight to whoever the girl was standing with coach.

Blair picked up the girl and spun her in a circle. The two of them having their faces extremely close to each other.

"Is that Mallory as in their national teammate?" Aitana turned to Lucy since the England team was much more familiar with the US team than the Spanish team.

"Alright everybody gather around." Coach called us all in a circle as Blair stood with her arms wrapped around the new forward.

"This is Mallory Swanson, a new forward with the team. Many of you may know her as a forward on the US women's national team. She won the 2019 World Cup with Blake and Blair. She'll be part of the team effective immediately." He smiled shaking her hand one more time then letting us all begin stretches.

Eyes don't lie.

That's what everyone has been telling me when they assured me that that Blair liked me. Blair's eyes definitely had plenty to say about Mallory. She couldn't take her eyes off of her national team teammate.