thirty

November 28th, 1976
Sunday

"I wasn't actually telling you to tell him tonight Remus, it was an excuse." Evan told him. They were sat underneath one of the only trees that had protected the ground from being absolutely caked in snow. There was still a small sheet of it though so Remus had cast a heating spell on the ground and dried it off so they could sit there. Evan had cast a general heating spell on the area.

Despite the snow, there was also no one really out. There were a few stragglers but ut was during dinner to Remus wasn't too surprised, they'd definitely be out after dinner for the few hours before curfew and everyone was confined in their common rooms.

To be extra safe he did cast a silencing spell on the small area the five of them would be sat in, he didn't need any of the information he was going to share get out.

"I figured," Remus replied simply, smiling at the memory of the kiss from that morning, "But we got front page of the Daily Prophet which means things are going to get a bit more tight regarding security so I decided its better to get him in sooner rather then later," His eyes dropped to Evan's finger tracing his veins gently. They were more prominent in the wind, "before it gets dangerous."

He lifted his eyes back to Evan's which focused intensely on Remus' hand.

"That's smart." Remus just nodded and watched him for a few more moments until his head whipped around at a crunch of slow and he yanked his hand from Evan's grasp.

The blonde gasped abruptly and Remus frowned, feeling apologetic but they had talked about it already. Remus didn't want anyone knowing. Remus couldn't have anyone knowing. His life was on the line. He trusted his friends but there was no telling if they'd keep it from Greyback or not and he couldn't risk it. He'd never risk it.

He didn't look back at Evan as Jack, Regulus and Barty all approached. Regulus seemed unaffected by the cold weather but Barty and Jack were shivering and huddling for warmth despite being in massive coats and scarves.

Barty eyed the pair on the floor,
"How are you guys not- oh my god thats so nice." He practically moaned as he entered the ring of warmth, Jack crumpled to the ground and even Regulus' face relaxed a bit. Remus watched them all with a straight face but Evan was smiling so wide that Remus almost wanted to catch it and put it in a jar so he could stare at it forever.

He grimaced at the thought then realised it was okay. If Fenrir didn't know it was okay and Fenrir couldn't read his thoughts, at least not from all the way over here. He was safe here and that's something he never believed would happen.

Hogwarts had always been a restriction for him, a jail cell of sorts that he couldn't wait to escape on holidays. But now he didn't want to leave until the summer but that wasn't an option. He had to go home to Fenrir and Harlow.

"So why are we here exactly?" Barty asked as he stripped off his jacket but still blew on his hands to warm them up quicker.

Evans smile dropped and Regulus pulled a rolled up paper from the inside of his jacket and dropped it infront of Barty. They all watched as it unfurled and landed on the front page. The article about the New Generation.

Everyone watched him barely glance at the paper then look back up at them.

"I already read it this morning." Barty spoke, evidently a bit confused now. He still was trying to warm his hands, now rubbing them together. When no one said anything he continued, eyes falling back to the paper, "Its brilliant really," He glanced up at the raised brows aand looked back at the paper, "the mask I mean, its a cool design. I'd change the colours to mkre resemble the Deatheater masks a bit more. It alienates them."