fifty-eight

February 8th, 1977
Tuesday

When Remus saw Sirius Black the next morning both of them pretended nothing had happened thw might before. The same happened in lessons and at Lunch. And now it was happening at Dinner.

As if Blacks shit talking, perfect mouth hadn't been- Remus had to stop short at the thought of it.

He couldn't think about that now.
Not here. Not around everyone.

He shuffled uncomfortably in his seat.

While Remus talked to Black that morning at breakfast he could feel Evans stare on him. A dooming, angry, longing stare that held so many fragments of hurt. Remus couldn't find it in himself to care.

"So, Remus," Remus looked up in surprise at the redhead. He still wasn't used to the use of his first name by Lily Evans.
"Yeah?"
"So I was thinking-"
"We." Macdonald interrupted, "We were thinking. As a pair."
Lily rolled her eyes at her friends words, Remus' eyes held amusement.
"Right, well, We were thinking that maybe so everything isn't so awkard with you here- not that it is but you get what I mean," It was so awkward that Remus was here and they all knew it, "but me and Mary, and if we win by majority vote, want to invite you to game night on Friday."

Remus' brows flew up,
"Seriously?" Remus asked and Lily nodded along with a thumbs up from Macdonald.
"Lily.." McKinnon hissed, giving Remus a very judgy sideways glance. Lily ignored her.

"Everyone in favour of Remus coming to game night?" Lily and Macdonald raised their hands. Meadowes raised hers despite McKinnons protests, she gave Remus a proud smile.

So far it was three vs four.

No one moved.

Remus didn't mind if he didn't get to go, he wouldn't be surprised at all if the majority vote was no. A chill Friday was honestly an idea so not attending wouldn't bother him. It doesn't bother him.

However Sirius Blacks hand practically glued to the table did bother him.

Black was the reason he was here.

Remus understood how he might want to separate the private life from Remus' attendance at meals but it struck a chord in Remus' chest. An annoyed one.

"Alcohol?" Black piped up and Lily, a prefect, gave a wary look. She knew she would have to say yes for a majority vote, they all knew it. "Come on Lils, have any of you ever seen Mr Greyback here drunk?" He asked as his arm circled Remus' neck and pulled his face down beside his. Remus kept the redness of his cheeks down. They all shook their heads.

"Fine." Lily said and the arm around Remus' neck shot up and away.

Potter lifted his hand and after an aggressive kick under the table from the latter, Pettigrew lifted a trembling hand. He still didn't like Remus at all.

There was a few seconds of silence.

"Oh whatever." Mckinnon lifted her hand.

"Wooh all the votes." Lily said and everyone's hands dropped, "You're invited." She said and Remus nodded.

"Mind I bring someone?" Remus asked and Blacks head whipped to look at him.
"You're not bringing one of you Slytherin mates." Potter said,
"She's not Slyth-"
"Or Combey." McKinnon seethed. The pair didn't get along at all.

"I'm not trying to invite Jack." Remus said and McKinnon narrowed her eyes. Meadowes lit up.

"No." She said and a great smile grew on her face, Remus returned it,
"Yes."
"Bring her."
"Her?" Black asked with a new found frown. Remus pretended not to notice.
"Uh none other then Pandora 'I'm going to kiss my cousins best friend infront of EVEYONE' Rosier. The absolute loveliest person ever."
"Oh Pandora," McKinnon smiled, "Im fine with her coming." There was a chorus of agreements from the group.